Cabin was a VB balcony near aft elevators. Great location! Adequate size although interior walkway between closets and bathroom very narrow. Good storage for suitcases under the bed. Enough hangers for what we needed. Metal wall so magnets worked. Balcony nice size with two chairs and separate foot rests (better than lounge type chairs), and a small table. Staff in dining room (anytime) and Lido Market were friendly and helpful, it seemed to be understaffed since glass/coffee refills were sometimes lacking. To find a table in Lido Market we often had to sit down with some dirty glasses/cups and just move them aside. No wait for seating if OK with other guests (which we liked). Delay after being seated, and between each course seemed excessive several nights to the point it even entered the discussion at the table. Never saw shrimp cocktail on the menu. The last night of the cruise the Lido market totally ran out of prime rib and also bread pudding at one of the stations. I really like bread pudding but it was placed behind the ice cream section and I only found out about it the last few afternoons by seeing someone else with it. There was no live show the last night of the cruise. Other shows were very good to excellent although I didn't care for the music of the 2nd dance performance. Overall, not a lot of activity on board. Had Majority Rules one night and some trivia games. Nothing going on in the atrium or lounge areas. Good if you want a very quiet evening. At shows with live music in the main theater, pay attention to the lead keyboard player. While not a primary part of the show, he was fantastic! Transportation to town at Sitka was provided free. Transportation to town at Victoria was $11. Victoria transportation should have been provided free. We asked a number of people about Holland cruises and many were very loyal Holland cruisers. I fall in the senior category myself but it almost reached the point of being boring, which I have never felt on a cruise before. I even took naps several afternoons, rare for me, and my wife read several books. Almost every other cruise it has been, how do we fit everything in that is going on?

Good cruise, Ports great, Staff very friendly, Not as good overall as anticipate

Eurodam Cruise Review by HaulAwayJoe

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

HaulAwayJoe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB
Other than cabin hallway narrow, adequate cabin with large bathroom. Bed very comfortable. Several AC and USB outlets. TV was good but location information did not provide GPS location or sea conditions. Was sometimes difficult to determine if weather information was current or expected high. Forward and aft views were blurry. A number of in room movies to choose from (no charge). Temperature very consistent.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins