3. Carnival Paradise
We'd been on the Paradise before, 4 years ago, and it was a great experience. Our first cruise, in fact, and this one was just as great. The thing I like about the Paradise is that there are several relatively quiet spaces where you can meet your friends as a group and sit and converse/drink/whatever. We were on the Sunshine a couple years back and, while it's a cool ship, every single space is full of something...every available corner is full and there's a band/singer/DJ in every one of them ALL THE TIME! The Paradise main promenade, the Rotterdam bar, and a couple other places are, a good chunk of the time, relatively quiet and available for gathering. I have to give a shout out to our MDR staff Nelson, Gary, and Lohe, who were absolutely amazing. Our room steward, Jeffry, was outstanding. Our favorite bartender in the casino, Viorica, was awesome as well. The only 2 things I could say in the negative is that I've seen most all of the Carnival-based entertainment shows, so there was really nothing new here. The other thing is that, while I got great food in the MDR, I didn't feel like the new American Table menu was as adventurous or varied as the older Carnival menus. Other than that, this was an outstanding cruise and I'd recommend the Paradise to everybody!

Second time on the Paradise

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by HypnotistCory

HypnotistCory’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A U32
Excellent cabin..clean, good water pressure in the shower, and located near to an elevator without any noise from up above.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Chacchoben Mayan Ruins
    The port itself is just a port...the town of Costa Maya was hit by a hurricane a few years back and so there is literally nothing to do here if you don't book an excursion other than port shopping.

That being said, the Ruins tour was great! It's a bit of a ride out there, a little over an hour, but our tour guide was excellent on the bus and gave us tons of info before we got there. The site is partially restored and partially not, so you really get the sense of what nature does to it over time, as well as the restored buildings that give you a taste of what it was like in Mayan times.
    View All 383 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Deluxe Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party
    Loved it...the crew was amazing on the Catamaran and we were the first boat to the private beach which means that we had everything to ourselves for most of our time there. Snorkeling was good as well, but as a certified SCUBA diver, I'd rather be diving...but we took this excursion with some friends. The reef was still beautiful, though.
    View All 76 Deluxe Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party Reviews
  • Tampa
    Embarkation was fast and easy.
    View All 584 Tampa Cruise Port Reviews