3. Viking Akun
My room was beautiful as was the ship's decor. On a river cruise your stateroom is smaller than on an ocean cruise because the ship has to fit in the locks. But they built amazing functionality into the room. It was also nice that they supply robe, slippers, and hair dryer - a few less things to pack. I had plenty of room to unpack and be comfortable. Each room has its own climate control to keep the temperature to your liking. The shower was big enough to bath comfortably. For women there is a lighted makeup mirror. The selection of TV channels was interesting. CNN International or BBC kept me updated on what was going on in the world. The bed was very comfortable and they will give you the kind of pillow you favor. Towels were always clean and refreshed. Stateroom was always cleaned by the time I returned from the morning excursion. I often took a nap in the afternoon and my bed was remade when I returned from dinner.

Absolutely fabulous