3. Carnival Inspiration
We got back from our Inspiration cruise 2 weeks ago. It was our 2nd time on Inspiration, the 1st being our Honeymoon. This was our 8th cruise, our 6th with Carnival. Inspiration had recently been updated with the new features we had on the Imagination last year. We loved the updates, but still felt Imagination looked better, cleaner. Overall we had a great cruise, we always do, but the service was not as good as we have had in the past. We had to ask for our ice bucket to be refilled, we had to ask for fresh towels the morning of our excursions. These were little touches we had come to expect. Especially since paying for a suite. I would bring a glass of wine to dinner from my cabin and the glass would not be replaced. Really, only little complaints. Port of Tampa is not as nice as Miami. VIP check in is separate, but waiting area is nothing like Miami. Didn't feel like VIP. We were onboard by 11:30 am and having lunch on the Lido with 5 minutes. Rooms were not ready until 1, but my husband was allowed to drop off carryons in the room. The shows were good, comdey shows were fun. The cruise director, Skip was very enjoyable. The maitre'd was the best we have ever had. George the Greek is hysterical. We looked forward to dinner every night. He is very personable. The wait staff were good, not great. Camp Carnival did a fantastic job. There were more kids on this ship, than I think were on the Disney cruise. WOW. But our kids were well entertained and made many friends. Of course there were some playing in the elevators, but most of the lids on board were friendly and respectful. Lido deck food varied from ok to very good. The deli had great sandwiches, and the burgers are great as always. Kids could not get enough ice cream. One strange thing, was quesedillas were not available from room service the whole cruise. Oh well, next time. Waterworks is such a great addition and would love to see it on all of the ships. It is so much fun for the kids. (grown up kids too, LOL) One thing needed is maybe some music back there. Serenity Deck was serene, but hot. A nice touch would be some cool showers, like by the pool. They only have the hot tubs, too hot in 90+ heat. But it is beautiful and relaxing with spa-like music piped in. (there were no kids allowed, and it was reinforced by staff) Ports of call were grand Cayman, where we did the stingray tour with Nativeway and had a blast for a fraction of the price if we had booked with the ship. In Cozumel, we went to our favorite place on the planet, Paradise Beach. It was trip #4 for us, and it gets better each time. They have the beat Guacamole and chips. Nothing beats cold Dos XX. Food in the dining room was ok. The soups were very good, entrees I enjoyed very much. My husband was a little disappointed with his fish entrees. The kids ordered from the adult menu most evenings. It is nice that they have special entrees but there is always a choice of grilled chicken or steak each night. Dessert was great. My son had warm chocolate melting cake every night. My only complaint was that the night they served the cherries jubilee used to be a show in itself. Flaming cherries brought to the table. It was spectacular. They didn't do it this time, so the cherries were not warm. Oh well. So you see, I have a few minor complaints, not anything that would have ruined my cruise. There were just some things I had come to expect from Carnival that didn't happen. But we are already booked for a cruise on the Miacle next summer and we can't wait.

Inspiration 2nd time around

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by daynab

daynab’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Cabin U74
Suite was very spacious. Lots of storage in room and closet area. Plenty of space for toiletries in bathroom. Only one outlet in cabin and one in bathroom(in hair dryer unit) Room had a great private balcony. Located under the stairway of the atrium and there was noise from foot traffic overhead, sometimes until late into the night. I would pick a suite futher down the hall next time.
  Carnival Inspiration Deck Plans