3. Viking Sea
Chose this cruise because we were invited by friends. We flew from Houston to Bergen via Amsterdam and Oslo, and we went a day early. Spent the night prior to the cruise at the Radisson Blu Bergen, a perfect spot right on the Bryggen waterfront. The hotel was walking distance to the ship. The Sea was a beautiful ship decorated with understated elegance. I loved the public places including the Living Room, the Star Theater, and the Explorer Lounge. We were a group of eight, and were able to get the same table in the restaurant each evening. Our servers, Tri and Putu, were absolutely wonderful. The food served in the dining room was excellent with complimentary wine and beer at lunch and dinner. We ate lunch at the pool bar or buffet if we were on the ship for lunch. We had complimentary meals in the two specialty restaurants, and we enjoyed Manfredi's more than the Chef's Table. Our group competed in the trivia contests held in the Explorer Lounge each time they were offered. We came in second a couple of times, but were never able to win! This was a busy 15-day cruise with only one sea day. Viking included a complementary shore excursion at each port. Of the ones we attended all were excellent with great guides except the Helsinki panorama tour. My two faves were the coach/train journey from Eidford to Flam because of the spectacular scenery, and the performance of Swan Lake at the Alexandrinsky Theater in St. Petersburg. Overall, the quality of the shore excursions and the variety of the ports was beyond my expectations. This was our first Viking cruise, but I certainly hope we return soon.

Best cruise ever.

Viking Sea Cruise Review by Kwootton9

This was our first Viking cruise, but I certainly hope we return soon.
Kwootton9’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

We had booked a guarantee DV6 cabin, so were thrilled to be in a DV2 category. The deluxe veranda cabins are all 270 ft. And all have balconies. Unfortunately, it was too cold to take advantage of the balcony for most of our trip. The interior of the cabin was done in whites, light wood, grays, and beige, and it was very relaxing and calming. There was a place for everything, and enough storage. Our cabin steward, Gene, was totally unobtrusive, but took excellent care of us. One of my favorite things about the cabin was the heated bathroom floor. The shower was great. The only thing I missed was a magnifying mirror. Most of the travelers on this cruise were over 60, so I know I'm not the only woman who would have liked a magnifying make-up mirror. Also, the bed was a little too firm for me, but my husband liked it.