Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review
1,835 Reviews

Ship should have stayed in dry dock longer

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by trainmasterho

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

This was a getaway cruise for just my wife and I to relax away from our kids. However, it started off very poorly as soon as we got to the terminal. We spent almost 1 hour in our car in a line on the street waiting to get into the terminal parking lot. Then we spent an hour waiting in the Gold line to check in (Very poorly managed line versus tellers even when there was no one waiting in the higher level customer lines). Ship was 3 hours late leaving the first day due to engine problems. Ship appeared dirty during the entire cruise. Only half the soda machines were working. The internet package sucked. It would not stay connected and/or had trouble finding their network. As soon as your device went to locked screen, their internet would disconnect. Thus, any messages coming in would not wake up your device with a notification. You would not get those incoming messages until you manually woke up your device and reconnected to your device. These disconnects were long before the automatic 2 hour non-usage disconnect that they tell you about. There was still construction occurring on the ship during the cruise. It seemed like the ship was under staffed to take care of the customers. I don't believe the ship was even fully booked either, which makes it worse. Staff was very slow at cleaning up trash on the ship or clearing tables in common dinning areas of the ship. We were told the ship just sailed up from dry dock work, so this was the first cruise after dry dock. I don't think all the repairs were completed given our experience on this cruise.

trainmasterho's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin M 4541

very small bathroom shower.

Baltimore

Baltimore was the home port, so no excursions were taken. I checked no, but I still had to provide a rating. Really?

King's Wharf

My wife and I did our own touring of Bermuda since we had been there before.

trainmasterho