3. Scenic Pearl
Having already taken two previous river cruises from Budapest to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Budapest with Scenic, my wife and I decided that it would be nice to explore different stretches of the Rhine and cruise on the Mosel for the first time. We found, as before, that our onboard experience was very much 5 star, the dining experiences were excellent, and the cruise director and his team were highly motivated and professional. Everyone on board was made to feel special and the entire crew worked very hard to ensure that everyone had a really good time. A special mention for Werney Beyer, whose personal style and dedication set an excellent mood and tone for the whole cruise. I cannot praise enough his dedication and his desire to keep everything running smoothly and dealt rapidly with anything which was not absolutely right. The scenic enrichment experiences were all very enjoyable and an experience that was genuinely enhanced by the knowledgeable and professional guides who not only shared their knowledge, but in many cases their humour! One particular tour we made stands out, because it was so unexpected in the context of tourism normally being about the picturesque, namely the tour of the Zollverein Mining Complex. We had a fantastic afternoon out at the industrial site and museum and we given a comprehensive tour from one of the site's dedicated guides. My only wish was that a larger number of people didn't join us for the experience. I hope though, that this event stays in for future tours because it was really fascinating.

An excellent cruise made possible by a dedicated and professional scenic team.

Scenic Pearl Cruise Review by Orkneytim

Orkneytim’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Pearl price drops

As one would expect in a such a suite, it was a spacious cabin with plenty of personal space, plenty of luggage space and plenty of power points. The furniture was comfortable to sit in and there was even a space to set up my large dimension iPad with a sensible seat on which to sit. The bathroom was very well equipped and my wife and `I both liked the shower, but she left the bath to me knowing how `I enjoy soaking and singing in it. I thought it was very interesting that the shower and bath seemed to have a little alcove in them just large enough to hold a glass of wine or a cocktail.