Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by boomercruiser2

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

The Cruise Director, Steve Davis, was over the top good. Still can't believe he taught 40 passengers to do Michael Jackson's Thriller zombie dance, which they actually performed to the music as a coordinated group in costume and makeup in the central plaza on the last night. Bravo.

I liked the ship's performance of Piano Man in the theater. They had an outstanding pair of tenors. The Brazilian Tango dancers were also great.

The food in the Cascades Dining Room was OK with only one miss. Don't order pasta. Orecchiette was not served fresh, being dried out and rubbery around the edges. The waiter knew it wasn't right too. He always asked how everything was except on this one night.

Took advantage of a $50 off certificate in the spa and wish I hadn't. Had the 50-minute Swedish, the most basic of massages which every therapist should have down pat. Mine didn't. Barely touched my feet and didn't do my arms and hands at all. It's not like I have an icky skin condition or something like that and of course I showered before hand. What she did do felt like it took very little effort. Maybe she was only half awake at 8 AM, I don't know, but it was annoying to have to pay a forced gratuity for this poor performance at 18% of the pre-discounted price.

The embarkation in Honolulu was torture. We stood in a line that snaked around a humid space for about an hour or so for no apparent reason before they let us in to the air conditioned space for check-in. Surely they realize that if you book a room the day before, then you have to check out by 11 or 12 on the day of departure and since there's nowhere else to go with your luggage in hand, they'd better be ready to start boarding at noon.

boomercruiser2's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 8575

The bed was firm enough but a little short. I'm only 6-foot tall but my feet hung off the edge. I appreciated the couch, the built-in night light, and the well thought out bathroom. The room attendant was super, always keeping our ice bucket filled and clean wine glasses at the ready without having to be asked.

boomercruiser2