What a great time - one of the two best weeks of my life (the other was the preceding week on Island Windjammers Vela). Sailing Diamant was a last minute change as I had originally been scheduled to sail Vela on back-to-back 6-night trips. But Vela was taken out of service for a brief time and I ended up with the best of everything - two sailing trips on two different ships, with two different crews, two different sets of guests, and two different sets of islands. The two weeks were different from each other, but both were BRILLIANT! The Captain and crew were welcoming, knowledgeable, experienced, friendly, funny and willing to do whatever to make the ship's guests comfortable and entertained. I have never experienced a more accommodating group of people than the Captain and crew of Diamant. I have some knowledge and appreciation for what is required to take a group of diverse individuals and mold them into a team/crew that all pull in the same direction - Windjammers succeeds admirably. I had never sailed or cruised before (excepting the previous week on Vela), but this far exceeded every hope/expectation that I had. Opportunities were provided everyday to snorkle, sit on a beach, jump off the boat, rope swing, or just chill. At every anchorage/mooring we were advised of the highlights of the area and recommendations were made on things to checkout. SO MUCH FUN!!! Three multi-course meals and a "snack" each day, and never the same meal twice. Always fresh cut fruit, soup/salad, great entree, and dessert. Plenty of choices of beverages. Oh yeah, "snack" - consider that a fourth meal.... Hopefully you don't mind fresh baguettes and a selection of cheeses from the French ports, conch fritters with Caribbean chutney, freshly made plantain chips and the like. But for me the best part was the sailing - sails up every day. I don't know what I enjoyed more - sitting forward and watching the sunrise every morning - seeing the grey grey sea get tinged with gold before turning deep blue. Or sitting aft with the Captain or Mate long into the evening, telling stories, telling jokes, telling lies. I loved feeling the roll of the ship on the sea, the salt spray breaking over the bow, the fresh rain on my face, the warm Caribbean sun - I loved it all! I enjoyed every moment, devoured every morsel, and smile at every memory. The Captain and crew, the ship and the itinerary make the cruise. can't wait to go again! and go again I will!!

Island Windjammers - Diamant

Diamant Cruise Review by TESutko

TESutko’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Windjammers Diamant price drops

I was the sole occupant of this cabin - way too much room for my meager needs. Comfortable bunk, very adequate storage space, AC, electrical outlets for recharging devices, clean and spacious head. but why would anyone stay in their cabin?!?!?!