• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Cabin:
Traveled with children
The Rhine Falls
Morning on the river

This Cruise, our first, was booked over the occasion of my 70th birthday, Always an ambition of mine to cruise the Rhine and I was not disappointed. The crew from the Captain downwards were very friendly and efficient, I can give an accolade to the executive chef Clinton James for his fabulous food and its presentation. The ship was a delight to sail on despite all the troubles of the River Cruise line prior to departure. I would have no hesitation in giving my recommendation for this cruise and just as an aside am going to book the same ship next year on the Danube. We sailed from Koblenz to Basle through some beautiful scenery and fortunately had little or no rain over the week. The Cruise director was knowledgeable and approachable as were the cabin staff and crew. We were joined on the cruise by two celebrities who gave us excellent entertainment and the benefit of their individual knowledge of specialised subjects. David Harper on antiques and Lesley Waters on cooking/baking. The shore excursions were pricey but value for money I was absolutely astounded by the visit to the music museum, not to be missed by any traveller. The Rhine falls, not up to Lake Victoria standard nonetheless impressive and Lake Tittisee also not to be missed. Our resident driver was English and the coach (right hand drive) was roomy and comfortable.

Overall I have to award the experience five stars

Cabin panorama deck

Perfectly adequate with all amenities, beds comfortable if just a little too high from floor level plenty storage space and excellently maintained

12 Helpful Votes