3. Carnival Vista
I wanted to cruise to the Southern Caribbean and chose the Carnival Vista to do it. The cruise was fantastic. Embarkation went smoothly and I was on the ship to quickly. I selected a cabin on the Lido deck 10 and loved the location. My cabin steward Koko was the best! I looked forward to him greeting me every morning and evening. He would ask about my plans during port days. He seemed to truly care about us and our safety. The one area I found lacking was the dining room. We had anytime dining. Beginning with the first day the service was slow and lacking. We experienced, waiting 20 minutes for bread, not receiving the tea and coffee we ordered, the dining room just seemed unorganized and that there was not enough staff. This resulted in us skipping several evenings there. On the second last night, we were seated at Mario's table and I knew instantly that he was seasoned and service would be good and it was. Unfortunately, it took us 4 times to find a good headwaiter and his team. The entertainment and activities on the ship were wonderful. Matt Mitchum is an awesome cruise director and asset to Carnival. His energy encourages you to attend and participate in events. Carnival has improved there evening stage productions. Flick and American Rocks were excellent. Again, Matt's interaction to get the audience involved was outstanding. The bar service on the ship was excellent. Lorena at the Red Frog Rum Bar on the lido deck was always pleasant and quick. Jaime was always there to take my drink order when I was lounging on deck 12. This was a big improvement from when we cruised in March on the Liberty and it took 15 minutes to get a drink at a bar. Aruba and Curacao were awesome islands to visit. LaRomana was good (be sure to book a Carnival excursion here). Grand Turk has a beautiful beach. This was an 8 day cruise with 2 sea days at the beginning and 2 sea days at the end. This was my 12th cruise and think it was my favorite itinerary. I love the dream class ships (Breeze, Magic and Dream). The only negative about the Vista was dining room. Hopefully, Carnival will get this adjusted soon.

Awesome Cruise on the Vista

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by tlsearay

tlsearay’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 10259
Balcony cabin on the Lido Deck 10 is in a great location. Room size was adequate for 2.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins