3. Silver Wind
This was an all inclusive luxury cruise and it did not disappoint from start to finish. The itinerary was very good sailing from Venice to Rome calling into Croatia, Montenegro, Greece and various places in Italy itself (Taormina/Capri/Naples) The AI includes premium brand drinks and all the wines we had were very good indeed. The food was excellent and nothing disappointed here and we particularly liked cooking our own steaks on the black 'rock' where the pool bar is turned into a grill in the evening. The downside to the restaurant was if you required a table for two you may have to wait until one is available. This did happen to us and we were told they would call us from the bar but after 45 minutes nothing happened. We went to the restaurant and I did notice our name had been crossed off the list so they forgot about us. As it was we shared a table with two others who were talked to in the bar. Staff were plentiful and cheerful and the crew were always friendly. Infact some learnt our surname within a few days and always greeted us throughout the day. Mario in particular was always helpful and friendly. We only did one excursion to Pompeii with the ship and it was excellent. Pompeii is very large and I think having a tour guide was the right thing to do although you could do it on your own if you are adventurous. Silver Wind is not a big ship and it is easy to get around. Entertainment was very good in most cases. Do not expect lavish shows it is not geared for that but the Soprano (Innis) and the Tenor (Andre) were excellent. The only show we did not enjoy was that given by two gay men which was very poor. Some thought it was risqué but that depends on your point of view - I think it was called Cabin Fever but can't be too sure. Some walked out during the show and we would have done the same had our exit been easy. All in all a very good cruise. We booked as a treat for my wife's 60th birthday which is not until July. It is not cheap but I think we do it again with Silversea depending on the price and itinerary.

EXCELLENT CRUISE

Silver Wind Cruise Review by Brock the Badger

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite

Silver Wind is not a big ship and it is easy to get around.

Brock the Badger’s Full Rating Summary

Vista Suite
Cabin VI
All cabins are suites and come with your own butler although he does serve other suites. There is plenty of room with your fridge topped up daily. Beds were very comfortable to the point we slept in late a couple of occasions. The bathroom is quite spacious as ship bathrooms go and contains, albeit, a very small bath.
Deck 7 Suite Cabins