3. Norwegian Dawn
I will start by saying we have cruised with NCL 18 times, and have never complained. My attitude is "If you can't find the good , that is your problem." This was the 8th time on the Dawn the 4th re-po.We chose this cruise because we love taking reposition cruises, especially if Boston is at the beginning or end. We live in central MA which allows for only one way flight. We spent 2 days in NOLA. We stayed at the Greenhouse Inn in the garden district. The Inn was very quaint and relaxing. We enjoyed the city using the day passes on the trolley. Embarkation was very confusing, with conflicting instructions. The service on the ship was excellent, however the itinerary was poorly planned. We went to San Juan after Cartagena which require all cruisers and staff had to leave the ship for customs . Wasting 3 hours of our day to get off the ship. We seemed to get the "bad" pier everywhere we went. In Cozumel and San Juan we were at the Royal Caribbean pier leaving us far away from the usual shopping . In Cozumel we were in a port with high rent shops. We went on the semi submersible sub which was excellent. Roatann we were tendered in, where we went to The Tabyana Beach Party which was fair. In Cartagena we went on the Horse Drawn Old City tour. The idea is very nice, but it was so hot inside the walls no breeze. The city is beautiful. When ever we stopped we were "attacked" by venders. I wanted to purchase some emeralds and the only shop we went to was ridiculous. She started at $480, I declined she went to $360 .again I declined then she asked me how much I would spend. at the point I told her I was not interested. In Tortola we went to Jost Van Dyke. That was the best excursion we had ,"Best Day Ever". We met some wonderful new friends in the staff. We enjoyed breakfast in O'Sheehans every day, and enjoyed Patti and Jose' in the evenings. We also made new friends up in the Bimini. Wilfred, Ana ,Krista, and Leo all very attentive and friendly. Our biggest problem with this cruise was it seemed like we were an afterthought to who ever arranged the cruise. If San Juan cannot be the first port it should be skipped due to the need of having customs done before entering a US port. Non American cruisers were treated like criminals. Disembarking was the usual mess. The idea of having everyone off the ship in 2.5 hours is an enormous task, to be turned around in 4 hours .

The Staff was outstanding but the cruise was very poorly organized

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by s57126

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

s57126’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11122
Standard Mini suite. Sufficent cupboard space for our things. We would occasionally hear chairs being moved above us.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins