• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Noordam Review

Editor Rating
24 Awards

Hubbard Glacier was magnificent.

Review for Noordam to Alaska
dtells
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin:

Chose cruise because it was at the right time, and we didn't have to fly. The ship was lovely and comfortable, and the crew was friendland seemed very happy to be working there. I need gluten free/lactose-free food, and, as usual, this was accomodated cheerfully with delicious food. Just ask to preorder the previous evening or before noon, to make it easier for the staff. By the way, this also worked in the Cannaletto and Pinnacle restaurants. There is free stretch & abs/TBC every morning, which I liked. Team trivia was lots of fun, and educational. Our grandaughter and parents' room steward was a "saint": he rearranged their oceanview stareroom perfectly to fit a crib in a good place for them, and even sterilized the baby feeding equipment every day, and made their chaos into a pristine clean tidiness twice daily. Embarkation and disembarkation were handled smoothly. The ports were a real treat - we just choses to do walking tours becasue of the baby carriage, and there was tourist info. in each port to expedite this. In Juneau, I got off in plenty of time to take back to Invisible World an alpaca sweater which we had torn, which they had time to repair and give back to me the same afternoon. Great service all around!

Cabin signature suite

Lovely, and even though there was a little bathtub leak (which has happened in my house also, and can happen anywhere) it was dealt with so promptly and admirably that I can't fault HAL in any way.

13 Helpful Votes