3. Celebrity Silhouette
We flew direct to FLL from DTW. Then took a LYFT car to the cruise terminal, cost $11.29 + tip. Embarkation Not to bad at first then kind of a long wait on the end to actually board the ship. We thought we would eat lunch at the main dinning room but the only choices were the buffet or the burger bar at the pool. At about 1 pm the cabins were ready for people to go to. Ship I had been on the Silhouette before and she had a refurbishment after that cruise, but I did not see anything different. Our cabin, 8130 balcony, was a pretty good location. We were signed up with the Cruise Critic group to have a meeting. But they messed up our Cruise Critic Connections party by giving the wrong day on printed invitations and in message phone calls to our group. Right date but wrong day of the week. I went to the Guest Relations desk and pointed this out but despite a promise they would get back to me they never did. I must say this started my disappoint in Celebrity Silhouette, amenities not as good as before, lots of skimping on things like trivia prizes, no cards or even paper for games in the game room, and too many things for "elite" guests only. We did finally have a Cruise Critic Connections party with a few skimpy snack things, water, coffee tea and juice. It was at the Cellar Masters where there is no bar. There was at the a slot pull afterward that was fun. We were promised the casino manager would be there with some freebies, but he was also a no show. I went to book a future cruise and was told I could not get my stock holders benefit for any cruise reserved on board, what are you kidding me! Seriously thinking of selling my RCL stock and buying NCL. I have Carnival stock already. Strangely the location of the Future Cruise office was incorrect on all the maps. Celebrity has a Apple iLounge BUT they only had ONE class during our cruise and that was for people new to iPad. I was hoping to have other computer classes! Ports CocoCay - Nice area. I brought my own snorkel gear without a problem. Not much to look at though, sea floor seems bleached out but there were fish around. Lounge chairs were not a problem. We went back to the ship rather than eat at the BBQ. Cozumel - We did a ships tour “Discover Mexico Park” $26 2hr 9am. There was only about 8 of us in a good sized van and we had a very nice guide. We did kind of get rained out for a while, but the inside museum and movie was nice and I will recommend this tour. Due to rain we just went back to ship after the tour. Grand Cayman - We wanted to do the “Amphibious Bus Land And Sea Adventure” but were told it was canceled due to mechanical difficulties. We went on a hunt shopping for souvenirs instead. Falmouth - I had been here a few years ago and walked around the town, it was a bit uncomfortable then so we just stayed in the nice new cruise ship compound. We had a drink at “Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville” which was kind of empty but the service was still very slow. The wi-fi was also spotty and dropped the connection often requiring reentering the password each time. Back at Fort Lauderdale we did the ships “Fort Lauderdale Land And Sea With Airport Transfer” $69 4 hours. Nice coach and guide but it poured rain. The tour also included a river tour on a Paddlewheel style boat along the intercostal waterway. This was not crowded and was an OK way to spend some time, but it kept raining.

Celebrity Silhouette not up to par

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by KayakOtter

At about 1 pm the cabins were ready for people to go to.

Ship

Ports

KayakOtter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1C 8130
Good location. Quiet. Nice view! Has fridge, safe and ok TV. Watched a few free on demand movies.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins