Overall the ship was excellent value and the menus were fine dining. I never experienced one poor meal. The only negative I can speak of is that solo travellers are not catered for at meal times ie constantly asking for a large table with other singles and getting couples or a couple was daunting.As lovely as the people were, it wasn't ideal until I went to afternoon tea for singles and befriended a group who we finally got to dine together. So if P&O say they cannot accommodate diners then surely if the afternoon tea works what is the difference. There were about thirty singles so not an odd one or two. The first excursion I thought was really poor, driving us to a deserted beach for a ten-minute photo opportunity was a total waste of money ie £35,00. The second excursion you could have done yourself by just walking up to the railway. If you wanted to see the Glaciers it would have cost you over £75 to £95.Entertainment was excellent with good singers and shows. The comedians were ok.

The singles/solos dining experience

Azura Cruise Review by Patch4me

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom (Obstructed View)
Patch4me’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azura price drops

Outside Stateroom (Obstructed View)
Cabin NA e318
Cabin was clean and spacious with twin beds. There was an engine noise although not loud you could hear it,
  Azura Deck Plans

I had a twin cabin with an obstructed view but it was fine. Not a small cabin either. Tea and coffee making facilities. Good sturdy hairdryer. The White company toiletries. All the latest films on the two big screens. P&0 offer a coach service straight to port brilliant service. I paid £77 return. I also had my case picked up and delivered by The Baggage Handling company to the cabin and return for £70 great service and no lifting heavy suitcases.

My first solo cruise and would strongly recommend this ship, particularly because it offered Bridge and Whist games. The most important Tip I can either is go to coffee morning the next day for solo travellers and if you get a great group of people like I did arrange your meals together because P&O Azura did not do a table for singles at dining times. Other than that I will defiantly be travelling with them again on this ship