3. Independence of the Seas
Once again this year we were able and lucky enough to enjoy another cruise upon the Independence of the Seas out of Southampton. This time a secret surprise for my mum and daughter, and it was just fabulous. Once again ease of access at Southampton, fabulous assistance from the ground staff at the port, upon the Ship and throughout. Mum had to have a wheelchair, and Indy staff could not have been more accomodating, aquiring one for us for use on board, assisting on pushing etc, and making room for her where ever we went. The weather was not good whilst away, but that did not dampen the spirits.

The Alhambra theatre shows and the ice shows were fabulous, and the cocktails to die for. Once again the members of crew were very attentive, assisting where needed, and very friendly and very very efficient. our thanks especially to Leondra in the Labrynth, Alex and Jeffrey in My time, all of whom looked after us so well.

Food on board was very very good as per normal, and the menu varied, for all tastes. Nice to see some familiar faces again and be welcomed back like we were old friends.

My daughter enrolled in the teen program, and we really didnt see much of her the whole time. She made some nice new friends, and has had a wonderful time, so much for her to do. She had the ships total layout sorted in one day and was easily directing us around! Thanks to Graham Seymour who kept us all entertained Would we go on Indy again ? - most certainly I look forward to our next trip on Indy in November 2009

Another fabulous cruise

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by justcat44

justcat44’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 13 to 15

We booked a balcony cabin and an inside cabin this time, and whilst both were compact, they were very comfortable.
The matresses on the bed, just make you sleep so soundly, they are so comfortable.
We were midships on Deck 9, and it was a quiet area, although we could hear children and guests from next door on occasions, but it was fine, we coped!
As we needed a wheelchair for use, we found that the chair had to be folded to get through the cabin door, so a folding one is really required, or one that is not too wide.
  Independence of the Seas Deck Plans