• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

nalaturb
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin: Balcony

My wife and I take coastal cruises at least once a year.Normally we have a very pleasant experience.In the past we have sailed on mid sized ships.This time we decided to try a larger ship.The cruise started off on a very positive note having been upgraded from a balcony to a mini-suite cabin.Boarding was quick and efficient due to priority Platinum status.Our cabin was spacious and very comfortable.The major problem as stated by previous cruisers was the food.We found the dining room food sub-standard at best.

The Horizon Court was very disappointing. Considering the size of the ship the buffet area is very small with very limited selection and variety...basically coldcuts and some salad,unappetizing main dishes,mainly pastas and lack luster desserts.The organization in the dining room is chaotic at best.We had any time dining Making reservations for dinner is a waste of time..we arrived at our booked time and were herded into the line-up with non reservation passengers.Why bother!!!!! My wife had to return her main course two nights out of three due to undercooked seafood.....I found Princess seems to be adopting a "class" system as in days of old with their Emerald Class preferred dining options.I believe a lot of the issues were caused by the size of the ship.Crew did not seem to be able to control large numbers of passengers in one place.I plan on returning to the mid-size ships of Holland America in the future.

Balcony

Cabin BE

Cabin was very spacious and clean.Lots of storage.

Find an Emerald Princess Cruise from $284