3. Celebrity Solstice
We chose the Celebrity Solstice because it was supposed to be a 5 star experience travelling to great destinations like New Zealand French Polynesia and then on to Hawaii. 17 days in all. This is exactly what we got. This was not our first cruise but is was the best by far. This ship is beautiful. We had a balcony cabin which was more than adequate and gave my wife and I all the space we needed for the length of this cruise. The rooms were extremely clean and obviously well serviced. Bedding was great and comfortable. Shower was better than most hotels I have been in. Balcony was used by my wife and I extensively and was very private. Cleanliness is paramount on board this ship and throughout the cruise staff were constantly cleaning the ship. Food on board was very good and there was an extremely wide variety of choice. Epernay Restaurant served very high quality meals with a more formal approach while the Ocean view buffet on deck 14 giving the largest variety of food in a more relaxed atmosphere. Food quality and choice on this ship is excellent. We did not have one bad meal. The speciality restaurants are great but can be expensive taking into consideration that you have already paid for all your meals and are an added expense. We did however visit the Silk Harvest restaurant twice. Entertainment on board was great and something to look forward to each evening with the main show on at either 7 pm or 9 pm. Permanent on board entertainers were excellent. With guest entertainers in the main very good. You can do as much or as little as you want on this ship. Let's talk destinations. New Zealand. Two stops Bay of Islands and Auckland. First stop Bay of Islands tendering was a bit of a disaster taking 2.5 hours to get us off the ship. This was sorted at other tendering ports and disembarking from then on went smoothly and quickly. New Zealand is a great place to visit and was well worth the look. Next ports of call was Papeete, Moorea and Bora Bora, with my favourite being Bora Bora absolutely beautiful destination with the best beaches I have ever seen. Next destination Lahaina and then Honolulu Hawaii. Hawaii is just beautiful and a very laid back destination. Visited Pearl Harbour USS Arizona Memorial, which I thought was fantastic. So tastefully done with the utmost respect to the fallen. A very informative and unbiased attraction. To sum up I just want to comment on the staff on board the Solstice. In the face of sometimes very rude guests the staff were wonderful. Very attentive polite and professional. A credit to the company. Life on board was usually very relaxed. However there were constant attempts to sell dinner packages, drink packages and Photo packages which was a bit annoying. (Also very expensive) This cruise was not cheap (obviously subjective) and everything was in US dollars with tax added. We bought the internet package and basic drink package (water, tea coffee and soft drinks) with the daily gratuities at US$13 dollars per person per day which added another US$1200 to the price of the cruise. Throw in a couple of cocktails a day and a couple of tours and we easily went over 2 thousand dollars U.S. on top of the cruise price. Was it worth it? A resounding yes. A fantastic holiday we will remember. We have already booked again.

Cruising from Sydney to New Zealand, Tahiti and then to Hawaii. 17 days of Bliss

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Dean258

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda

Dean258’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2A 7252
Very well appointed and spacious. Bedding was extremely comfortable. A great shower. Balcony was used extensively by us and was very private. Cabin staff excellent.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins