3. Freedom of the Seas
This was my first transatlantic ever and from start to finish the cruise was simply awesome. Arrived at the port just a little before 11 and was on the ship an hour later. It would have been faster, but they experienced some computer problems. I didn't bother me, I was on vacation. The ship is truly wonderful and in great shape. Sure, she shows some tear and wear here and there, but she was always spotless. She is very well maintained and constant cleaning is going on all over the ship. The best part is without a doubt the promenade. So much going on there and what a wonderful place to watch people. The library wad appreciated and had a good selection of books. I am glad I didn't bring my own. I was in promenade stateroom 8631, very close to the elevators and in front of guest services. I never heard a peep the entire week. I wanted to watch the parades from my cabin, but I had to go to the public areas because I couldn't hear the music. My stateroom was always spotless, thanks to my wonderful attendant Melissa. My bed had a topper and it was extremely comfortable. I had requested one prior to the cruise, but received a reply they no longer provide them. Well, my request had been sent to the ship and my bed was heavenly. There are enough drawers, hangers, closet space is ample, more than enough for one. Went to Chops, Giovanni's, Johnny Rocket and Sabor and ate in the dining room and the Windjammer. The food was outstanding, always easy to find something, or even create something yourself. It goes without saying that the specialty restaurants are wonderful, especially the lasagna at Giovanni's. I gainec some pounds, so no need to say how good it was. Pizza at Sorrento's was delicious and I loved the desserts at Cafe Promenade. I didn't attend all the shows, but the ones I saw were excellent. There were things to do around the ship all the time. Movies on the big screen was on my agenda, but it was windy and cold during the crossing, so I'll have to do that another time. The Quest was hilarious, love and marriage game show was so so, and ice show is top. Don't miss it, they set times to give tickets for the perfomances. My favorite part was the 6 rounds of master chef at sea. If you make some of the officers cook, you're in for a laugh. No surprise, Captain Espen was the first to be eliminated. And when they really cook, only in the finals that is, they managed to burn the tablecloth. I did the all access tour and it was quite an experience to go behind the scenes: bridge, control engine room, I95, storage room and galley. You have to do it at least once. Service and staff five stars as always. I am amazed that the waiters serve you one time during the cruise and they remember your name a week later. Crew very helpful and smiles the whole time. The Freedom seems to be a very happy ship. Captain Espen was the most present Captain I ever encountered on a ship. I ran into him everywhere daily. I think there's two or three of him. Our headwaiter Hachem was of the same calibre, we saw him every single day. Best headwaiter ever. June and Ruel were also great! I had MTD and even though we had a set table with the same people, I am not a fan. There seemed to be lines the whole time, the longest one for people with reservations. I couldn't have picked better ports. I fell in love with Portugal and Spain. I did private excursions in Lisbon, Cadiz and Palma. I walked around on my own in Malaga and did Barcelona sightseeing and airport drop off from the ship. I went to Sevilla in Cadiz with Spain Day Tours and they are a great company, as were the others. Disembarkation ran a little late as always, but immigration was a breeze for European citizens. Not so if you weren't from the US. I have sailed on Freedom before and she is a great ship with great crew. She is now my favorite (class of) ship. I loved the 8 consecutive sea days, and even though is was pretty rough for a day or two and the sun was constantly hiding, this was without a doubt my favorite cruise. There's probably another crossing for me in the stars

Royally pleased!