3. AmaViola
My wife and I just returned from the above cruise. It was our first river cruise and we could not be happier at having picked AMA. The overall experience was very good in all aspects. WE arrived at noon before the 3 pm check in. We had expected that we would have to leave our luggage and walk around. However the staff invited us aboard, took our luggage, and invited us to have a snack and drink in the lounge. Our cabin was made ready within half an hour. The small touches made the experience that much better. For example: 1. ladies were given a rose at dinner the first night, 2. a gift of a scarf for my wife and a hat for me were left in our cabin the second night, and 3. on one of walking tours our cruise director Nick appeared with chocolates for us. While the room was small it was well set out and very clean. The bathroom was great. The stops were well picked. The choice of tours allowed everyone to tout at there on pace. The guides used were all very good. The food was exceptionally good every day. Kudos to the chef. The waiter we had for most meals was Vladimir. He was very efficient and a lot of fun to be around with. Also want to point out Marianne. She worked in the lounge and dining room. She was always busy and helping out. Always had a smile and we enjoyed talking to her. Nick our cruise director was in a word great. Made the trip that much more enjoyable. The captain had a very dry sense of humour and certainly knew how to handle the Danube and the locks. As to the other passengers they were very much enjoyable to meet and we made numerous friends.

Everything was excellent

AmaViola Cruise Review by niakwa

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

The overall experience was very good in all aspects.

The small touches made the experience that much better. For example:

1. ladies were given a rose at dinner the first night,

The food was exceptionally good every day. Kudos to the chef.

niakwa’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaViola price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin CA 226
While small it was well set out.
Violin Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins