I have always wanted to see Glacier Bay, Alaska. I chose the Eurodam because out of all the options, it was the best price and a last minute decision. I also read the reviews and they were overall pretty good. I read the complaints so did not go expecting a 5 star experience. We knew that we would want to spend a lot of time in our room so made sure we got a balcony with an unobstructed view. We loved our room. It was clean and attended to twice daily. We had amazing views for the entire trip. This was a romantic relaxing cruise for us so we did not have an interest in participating in many of the activities. I work long hours and really wanted to do nothing while on the cruise but eat, read and rest. I suppose we would have done more activities if there would have been something that caught our eye but not much called to us. We enjoyed the America's Test Kitchen....mainly because we like to cook. We enjoyed the daily high tea. The desserts were delicious and better than the expensive place that I went to in Vancouver, BC. Overall, the food was delicious and we ate a lot. My partner got sea sick as the waters were pretty rough for a day and a half. The front desk gave us meclizine and it resolved his sea sickness fairly effectively. We did go on two excursions. The sitka bike and hike and that was fun. In Juneau, we went on a whale watching tour and hike to see the glacier. Both were fun. The Juneau excursion was freezing because it rained the whole time. I ended up cancelling my otter nature tour for ketchikan because I could not bear to be in the rain all day again. I did walk all around town though, there was a Safeway about 1.5 miles away so we definitely walked a lot that day. The Safeway has a Starbucks and we wanted our "You are Here" mug from Alaska, they also had the small mug so we were pleasantly surprised. We walked back through the neighborhoods up the hill and saw deer and sweeping views of the water and town. I read complaints from people about the food and they must be very picky. One older person, 78, stated this morning that he felt the food was bland. That is funny because I felt it was on the bit salty side overall. But I eat very healthy and don't eat a lot of fat or salt. I am a vegetarian and there were always options for me on this trip. I paid $1200 for a week on this cruise and felt I got my money's worth! Let me tell you, I ate way too much. I tried EVERY dessert and had a blast eating. The staff on this ship work so hard. It shows. They have to be exhausted. I cannot believe how attentive and hard working this crew was. Our room attendants were outstanding and very sweet. We tipped extra for our regular wait staff and room attendants....I don't know what the rules are. Our favorite cruise is still Disney but the cost was more than twice to three times the cost of this one! If you are looking for a high end cruise, even if you are an adult, I would go with Disney as they do it right in every way...but I just can't afford the cost. You get what you pay for!

Overall relaxing cruise, we enjoyed it

Eurodam Cruise Review by ufgatormom

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

ufgatormom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VF 5141
I was pleasantly surprised. The balcony has a perfect unobstructed view. We spent a lot of time on the balcony because of the beautiful views. I recommend a balcony for the Alaska cruise. I don't think I would care if it was a tropical cruise. Very happy with our room. The room was always spotless. The bathroom had a few places that need caulking and the sofa had a stain. That is being picky. I was overall very happy with the room. We ordered an egg crate to go over the bed because there are two mattresses that come together and that was not comfortable. The egg crate was perfect. The service in our room was outstanding. The two attendants made sure we had what we needed. I asked for ice once and they made sure I had ice twice daily. We tipped them extra on top of what we pay for tips daily...because these men work so hard and work long hours.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins