• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

klscaz
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2017
Cabin: Signature Superior Verandah Suite

This was the first cruise after dry dock. We did not experience any issues in our stateroom. We did see some steps in the main dining room where the carpet needed to be tacked down. Deck 10 was closed but this was not a problem for us. HAL generously compensated us with a $200 on board credit to make up for this issue. This was our 3rd HAL cruise but probably our 20th cruise in total--losing track!

The food exceeded my expectations for the most part. I did have to send back under cooked salmon one night in the main dining room. We loved having the drink package and took advantage of the chocolate shakes available at the pool bar and the coffee bar on deck 3. A few annoying things--it is nearly impossible to get half and half for coffee. Everything labeled cream barely colors the coffee. Cappucino with steamed milk was a palatable solution. Also, the orange juice seemed to be watered down in the Lido.

On a positive note, the Omelet bar is a great option for breakfast and I loved the raisin bread. The Pinnacle was good for a filet mignon. We went a second time and had the halibut but it wasn't worth the upcharge. The Canelleto restaurant was a nice change from the main dining room.

Signature Superior Verandah Suite

Cabin SY

I cannot recommend this cabin due to the noise of rolling carts up above and an incessant buzzing noise in a service area outside of our room. However, the suite makeover was very well done. Our steward was great. He provided fresh fruit and flowers. We sent laundry out twice at twenty dollars per bag. It was returned promptly. My husband also took advantage of the free shoe shine service. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom has double sinks.

6 Helpful Votes