3. Ruby Princess
This was our 1st cruise on Princess, have sailed on NCL and Carnival before. I knew a lot about Princess and the ship itself and had always wanted to take a Princess cruise. For the most part it lived up to my expectations. First of all, embarkation out of L.A. was the smoothest and quickest I have eve seen, from the front of the building to our room was 10 minutes! So efficient. The Ruby is a really beautiful ship. Loved all the pools! The pool under the Sanctuary was great and never crowded, same for the aft pool. We spent a lot of time there. The aft is perfect it has a tiered effect with enough seating, close to the Adiago bar, which is a great quiet place to hang out and watch the ocean. Movies Under the Stars and the shows were top notch. We loved the comedian. One night there was a Love Boat party on the pool deck which was cheesy but super fun! If you're on vacation embrace it! The entertainment overall was great. Our cabin steward Renato was the best! We had an ocean view-usually have a balcony, so a little bit of a change, but the room was always clean and we had enough room for our things. Dining was good, food was always hot and never had to wait too long. Skip the Baked Alaska it was the worst I have ever had on a ship. The weak spot was easily the buffet. It was a disaster! It was small, the flow was awful, not a ton of choices and many days they only has one side open at time. Dumb! The international cafe on Deck 5 is 24/7, the food there is good. Some change up on item choices, but as the only 24/7 is was still more repetitive that it should have been. The gelato is not free but $1.50 for 3 big scoops; totally worth it. It was delicious! My only other complaint was that there were very little free drink choices. On deck 5 I couldn't get a lemonade, the buffet had lemonade and milk that was basically it. The breakfast on embarkation day was one of my favorites. Also, afternoon tea is a must do. I booked the Sanctuary, which was great. I booked a half day, they bring you food for a $3.00 charge-so get a least 3 things. It was all so yummy. They have MP3 players but they almost never work or have like 1 playlist. This was another spot where you could tell Princess it trying to save money. There were not enough staff to meet everybody's needs. There were 2 people to take care of 15 people, They were nice enough but it took 20 minutes to get my food. By the way, this is a great spot for afternoon tea. I would recommend the Sanctuary as a pampered, away from it all. type of spot.

Fun Sailing on the Ruby Princess

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by RoamingRedFeather

RoamingRedFeather’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OE E714
Cabin was smaller than we were use too, but kept clean; window was decent size and let in a lot light
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cabo San Lucas
    We had booked an excursion with the cruise line, it got cancelled, rebooked, then cancelled again. So we just walked the beach. Way too many pushy vendors! We did take out a water taxi to see the Arch, Lovers Beach, Divorce Beach and went around that area. It was great, beautiful. We saw a lot colorful fish.
    Eat at Senor Sweets! Food is great! It is right next to WTF burger bar/Harley Davidson shop.
    View All 1,300 Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Reviews