3. Norwegian Jewel
I've wanted to do a Pacific Coastal since I started cruising. When I look at the Jewel the time and schedule were right along with the cost so I went for it. I got the beverage package and enjoyed that with many good drinks, and a couple of not so good pre-mixed ones, ick. I do wish NCL would allow for coffee drinks on the package but I was able to get a regular coffee with Baileys on the package at the Atruim. I had originally purchased an interior room but it went directly to a guarantee instead of letting me choose my cabin. That was fine with me since I didn't have any location requirements. When it finally was assigned about 70 days out, they had put me in a porthole cabin which I wound up liking very much. I also purchased a spa pass and enjoyed the spa thermal suite at least once a day. Since I had gone over the 250 minutes on my last cruise I just purchased the unlimited internet and decided I would do a live thread on the Norwegian board. It's titled "Live from the Jewel - 4/30/17 Pacific Coastal" there and under my CC name CoffeeGoddess. We did a cabin crawl and most of the cabins were really nice, except for the balcony on the balcony cabin. the coating had peeled up in places and the people in there talked about sticking to the floor when it heated up. Actually the entire Deck 14 forward on the ship was just like that with the coating missing in many places. Food was good, I ate in Azure twice for dinner and it was excellent with great service both times. Tsar's once at embarkation and it was super slow service; Sushi once and took a bit for the chef to come since I was sat exactly as they opened but the sushi was worth the wait. I also ate in O'seehans once and service there was also slow and the Garden Buffet always had a crowd but the food was good and I could always find a seat. The only real issue on this cruise was when I was waiting for the Group Coordinator, Luis, for our CC M&G. He was late, hadn't put up any signage, and when he finally showed blamed me because I hadn't called him back. Turns out after hearing from a couple of other people who had set up M&Gs with him on other sailings this very typical of him.

First Pacific Coastal

CoffeeGoddess’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 4514
I really enjoyed the Porthole cabin. It was small and I would not want to be in it with more than one person but for a single traveler it was great. I got natural light through the porthole, The bathroom was fine and there were plenty of drawers and a good amount of closet space for clothes. There was an issue with the safe not working great, it took several tries for it to lock. Also, since you were down so low you could hear waves against the hull and there was probably some kind of machinery below because several times there was some loud clunks. I had ear plugs and those blocked all the noises in that cabin.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins