3. Norwegian Spirit
We chose this ship so we could celebrate our 25th wedding anniversay on 25th April 2017. As it was the first cruise I had ever been on, I was very aprehensive about being out on the open sea and also not knowing what to expect from a cruise ship. However, it turned out I was worrying about nothing, we had an amazing cruise experience and the itinerary was perfect. We actually enjoyed the sea days as the weather was really nice. The ship itself is older and smaller than some ships I've heard about but it suited our needs perfectly. As we are both in our 50's, we didn't need any of the waterslides, climbing walls etc. that newer ships have to offer, and because it's a smaller ship we didn't have to queue when embarking and disembarking, also we could always find a sun lounger to sunbathe. The staff work very hard to please the guests and they are always happy. The cabin steward was so lovely and always kept our room neat and tidy. The food was excellent. We ate in the buffet for breakfast and sometimes lunch but always dined a la carte in the evening where the service and food were excellent. If you wanted to join in various activities around the ship, the option was there but we chose to do our own thing. The enterainment was really good in the theatre and also around the ship where live music was often played in the bars. The bed was the most comfortable I've slept on in a long time and my husband thought so as well, we both suffer with back problems and found the bed helped ease away the aches and pains. We were both really upset to disembark at the end of the cruise, we enjoyed every moment and hopefully we will cruise again in the future and would also consider going on the same ship.

First time cruise

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by debbieweare

debbieweare’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BD 9026
the cabin was of a reasonable size, but if i could change one thing, it would be the bathroom. It was a bit on the small side and a bit old fashioned but didn't put us off as we didn't spend a lot of time in the cabin. my husband also enjoyed watching football on sky sports in the cabin whilst I was getting ready
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins