3. Carnival Vista
I booked an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Vista Nov 2016 for 11 days from New York. EMBARKATION: I wanted the FTTF (Faster to the Fun) ticket but it was sold out. The embarkation process was very quick even without it. My Nov 2017 cruise, Ill be platinum so I'll be priority from now on. If you can get the FTTF tickets, its worth it in my opinion. But as soon as you book, go to Shore Excursions and click on the home port and you should see if its not sold out. The cost is $69.95. Its worth it to prevent you from standing in long lines. THE SHIP: This ship is very large with lots of things to do on it. 2016 was the Inaugural year. DECOR: The décor is great and different from other Carnival vessels. Its not overly done. But if you are on the ship to enjoy your cruise, the décor shouldn't stop you from having a great time. They have glass steps and a beautiful atrium that looks like a huge champagne glass in the center. Its very bright on the ship. CABIN: My son and I booked a Cove Balcony 2378 for the first time. The cove balconies are great. Many say its closer to the water. That is true, but you can't reach out and touch the ocean so don't get confused if you should hear that. It is very enclosed so you don't have to worry about anyone peeping around your balcony. You may feel a slight mist from the ocean. The life boats are above your cabin so you won't have a lot of sun beaming down on you but you still have a great view. My cabin had a connecting door to another cabin that caught me by surprise, however, the neighbor has a door as well so you don't have to worry about them opening up their door and can walk right in your room. They have a flat screen TV on the wall. The bathroom is your typical Carnival bathroom. The beds are comfortable. I had a great cabin stewart that attended to my needs. We had our Gold member bottled water, robes, and 2016 pins already in the cabin. We also got a beautiful inaugural wooden case with a pen/card inside along with a letter from the captain congratulating us on the cruise on the Vista. All guests got this gift. DINING: Here's the one issue that I have. If you decide to select the 'YOUR TIME' dining, you may have a headache until you get used to it. Its not your typical walk up to the dining counter and get checked in method. You literally have to go to the 5th floor to check in. They will give you a receipt and then you have to go to the 3rd floor to be seated. If you don't get there early, it will be very crowed. I'm talking so crowded that the stairs, elevator areas and hallways were full of people. So if you had a cabin on that floor (not sure if there are cabins on that floor), you will be overwhelmed when you get off the elevator. Then you have 2 lines. You have to stand in one line if you have been checked in or in the other line if you haven't been. We were sent back to the 5th floor to get checked in just to have to come back to stand in the line again. I was furious. We then understood what to do the next day and it wasn't as bad but still annoying. The food was great. They had this Kale Ceasar salad that was delicious. I had that every night. One night they had BBQ ribs that was fall off the bone amazing! The Lido deck was your typical buffet style food. The food was good there as well. I didn't get a chance to stop at the Seafood Shack but will the next time I book. ENTERTAINMENT/ACTIVITIES: Well, I did a lot of resting on the ship but I did get a chance to go to the IMAX theatre. It was beautiful in there. You will have to pay for small bags of popcorn and soda that can be expensive. You will have to also pay for IMAX as well. My son and I got a chance to ride on the Skyride. It was really fun. I enjoyed the gym and most of all the spa. PORTS/EXCURSIONS: We visited Antigua and that was a nice place to visit. We were not able to got to Amber Cove due to the heavy rain storm DEBARKATION: The debarkation was pretty simple and smooth. SERVICE OVERALL: The Carnival Vista is a great and beautiful ship. I had great service and a wonderful time. I cancelled my sailing on the Carnival Splendor to rebook on the Carnival Vista for my Nov 2017 sailing. This time its in an Ocean Suite that I cannot wait to rate.

Great Cruise on a New Ship!!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by eljay45

DEBARKATION: The debarkation was pretty simple and smooth.

eljay45’s Full Rating Summary