3. Harmony of the Seas
We chose this cruise because of the ships amenities and the activities that it supposedly offered for our 2 and 9 year old children. We were wrong... We had a very disappointing cruise experience, and decided before we left the ship that we would never sale on the Harmony of the Seas again. There were a number of reasons why: 1. There were virtually no recreational opportunities for my 2-year old daughter other than dumping here with a baby sitter, and we go on vacation to spend time together, so that was not an option. 2. Food selection was very limited and repetitive in the main dining room and Windjammers. 3. I resent being asked to pay excessive restaurant rates (see $40-$70 per person) to eat in one of the "specialty" restaurants when I have already paid for my food as part of my fare. 4. The Windjammer restaurant is too small to accommodate the number of guests on the ship, and as a result we had to spend 15-20 minutes searching for a table at breakfast or lunch 5. Windjammer seemed to serve the exact same food every day with very little variety 6. Why serve Indian food as part of the entrees EVERY DAY when there were (from my observation) very few Indians on board. Some ethnic variety would be nice. 7. I purchased a soft drink package, only to find out after the fact that I could only refill the cup once an hour, which is by no stretch of the imagination "unlimited". 8. Attended the DreamWorks Character Breakfast for $18 per person, and got a less than mediocre breakfast and got to take pictures with 3 characters. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. We would have been better to eat in the Windjammer and seek out the characters ourselves for pictures. 9. My 2-year old daughter was not allowed anywhere on the pool deck except a VERY small wading area because she was wearing a swim diaper, and to add insult to injury, her 9-year old brother wasn't even allowed in this tiny area to play with his sister because he WASN'T wearing a swim diaper, yet we could. This made absolutely no sense, and because of this we only used the pool deck on the first day. VERY DISAPPOINTING. 10. Even if we could have used the pools, we would have only used one side of the deck because the other side was designated as the SMOKING AREA! Common sense should dictate that you do not put the ships smoking area right in the middle of one of the busiest recreational areas of the ship. At a bare minimum the smoking area should be moved the to adults only area of the ship because I don't think there are many children that smoke, or should be forced to be exposed to it if they want to use the pool. 11. The schedule for opening activities like the rock climbing wall and Abyss slide seemed to be arbitrary and very limited. These attractions were only open for only about 4-5 hours a day, even on sea days, and closed by dinner time. Given that they were supposed to be featured activities on the ship this made no sense. 12. Ordered the soft drink beverage package before cruising, and found out on the second day that I was supposed to receive a cup in my cabin. I mentioned this to my cabin steward and he said he would call. When it still didn't arrive the next day I had to go to guest services myself and ask for it. I inquired about a refund for the missed days but was told it wasn't possible. 13. I found the cabin to be remarkable small. There wasn't even enough room to push my daughters single travel stroller between the bottom of the bed and the cabin wall. 14. The couch in our cabin was converted to a single bed on the first night of our cruise, and was never made back into a couch for the extent of our cruise. I found this to be simply lazy on the part of our cabin steward. 15. I resent having a mandatory gratuity added on to my cabin fee every day for every person (including by 2-year old). A gratuity is meant to incentivise and reward employees for doing a good job, I should not be paying part of their salary on behalf of the company that employs them. I tip well, but it's based on performance, not just because they showed up to work, that's what a salary is for. 16. In a ship with over 5,000 passengers, there was only one after-hours (and by after-hours I mean 9:00 PM) dining option, and all they served was pizza. This is only a short list of the issues we experienced on the Harmony of the Seas, and when I compare it to our experience on the Disney Fantasy, or even one of the Carnival ships, it doesn't measure up, and I would NOT recommend it to any of our friends or family members.

Very Disappointed

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by CanuckCrusier

CanuckCrusier’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Very cramped. Extra pillows and blankets stored under the bed prevented us from stowing our luggage.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans