3. Celebrity Reflection
This was our third reposition cruise on Reflection. We love this ship as it has been very well maintained by the crews over the years. We rented a car for our one-way trip to Miami from Jacksonville ($50). Much cheaper than leaving a car in the port parking terminal at $20/day for 18 days. We had a car prepositioned in JAX for our return flight to the Florida ($5/day parking). Celebrity did a great job getting us checked in. We arrived just as the cabins were made available (1 PM) and had our luggage by 2:30 PM. It was also very efficient for the Rome (Civitavecchia) debark and airport transfer. Tip of the hat to the DaVinci Airport in Rome. The new terminal is fantastic. Can't believe they can support so many high-end stores in one location. This was in stark contrast to Gate 53 at JFK. Kennedy needs a major overhaul. The entire cruise was a pleasure. Martin, our Belgian cruise director, and his team did a great job with on-board activities. I really enjoyed the enrichment programs featuring the history of Rome and of the major ports we visited, We have visited all the ports on this cruise before but took s few new excursions. The trip to the top of Mount Tiede on Tenerife was incredible. If you have any interest in micro-climates, volcanoes, geology, or beautiful views, take this trip! I liked the right side of the tour bus for views over the cliffs as we climbed the mountain.Having seen the Alhambra (don't miss it!), we did an excursion to Granada for a self-guided walking tour. We were not smart and should have taken the Granada trolley or red bus (or cab) to really see the city. I wanted to get into the old part of the town and the Gypsy areas with cave-homes across from the Alhambra. Next time! In Villefranche we experienced the only bad weather of the trip (not counting rough seas for a couple of days). I had lived in the area 60+ years ago so my nostalgia trip was dampened. Had great help from Shawn in Shore Excursions working on some future cruise arrangements. He was very helpful getting details on our upcoming Baltic cruise. In fact, all the crew were great. If I had any issues, it would be the fitness center. Two years ago Celebrity took out a section of the gym to expand the revenue-generating Canyon Spa [They also took out half the Sky Lounge to build new suites]. This cruise they took out one of the four recumbent bikes (which I must use for my back). Two of the three recumbent bikes had maintenance issues. One was taken out of service for 5 days. While I much prefer daily afternoon workouts, demand for the bikes was so high I had to shift to 6 AM and sneak thru the fire doors to be first in line for the working bikes. But fitness center issues aside, we will continue to book this cruise - either west to east or east to west.

Trans-Atlantic on Reflection with a great veranda cabin!

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by skipcramer

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class

skipcramer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C3 1071
1o71 is located on deck 10, port side forward - just forward of the angled rooms on the edge of the "bubble". It has a great unobstructed view both forward and aft. Great position for the Trans-Atlantic crossing, as we were on the landward side (and Gibraltar side) for the crossing. Perfect for entering ports. Bring your binoculars!
Sky Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins