Hope you are not claustrophobic.: Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by fruitandnuts99

Norwegian Epic 4
fruitandnuts99
Member Since 2017

Overall Member Rating

Hope you are not claustrophobic.

Sail Date: April 2017
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona
This ship is enormous so get your walking shoes on. The first impression I got was at the Casino area. The aroma was purely cigarette smoke, old fashioned décor and dull lighting. I was pleased to see that other floors did not have this problem.

When we eventually found our inside cabin, I could not believe how small and badly designed it was. If you want any shred of privacy you will not find it here. The sink was in the living area with taps to the side which made brushing your teeth quite awkward. The lighting was really dull and as we had no window made it feel even more confining. All plugs are underneath the dressing table area and hard to get at unless on your hands and knees. I would not advise anyone to get an inside cabin. This was my first cruise and I felt it was a bit of a let down in this area. I did ask if an update was possible but was told there were other people still to get on the next day even though I was told previously by a check in assistant More that the ship was only 3/4 full!!

My good report is of all the staff, entertainment and food. Could not fault this in any way. There is something for everyone at any time of the day or night.

The shows were fantastic. I can recommend getting a drinks package as it was fabulous not having to pay. I hope I remember not to just walk out the door when eating out at home.

Think my next cruise will be on a smaller ship with bigger cabins and a balcony or at least a window. Less

Published 05/17/17

Cabin review: IE11155 Inside

Very badly designed. Lighting very dim and poor when you already have no natural light coming in.. Placement of plugs hard to get to. Privacy to all bathroom facilities very bad even with the added placement of a curtain. Noisy sliding doors on shower and especially toilet in the middle of the night. I did not expect the cabin to be so small even after looking at it on line. I hated the thought of returning to the cabin and two people trying to get ready in such a small space was like a game of chess.

Read All Inside (IE) Reviews >>

Member Since 2017
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X