I chose for the itinerary and no-charge specialty restaurants. I travel solo and like the choice of several restaurants where I can eat alone or join others. The Penthouse on Marina is very roomy, and you can order dinner in from any of the specialty restaurant menus. I like that buffet food is served to passenger's plate rather than self-serve which minimizes cross-contamination. On my cruise there were two main lecturers, one who concentrated on WWII and the other, more general on port stops and his travel experiences. entertainment is not lavish: singers and dancers and soloists (singers or musicians),who were quite good, and the occasional comedian. I have two complaints about Oceania: their shore excursions are greatly overpriced, and they are not totally inclusive: alcoholic drinks are extra +18%, and gratuities are extra. There are packages for drinks and excursions and usually a shipboard credit to help pay for extras. I didn't use the pool, but there seemed to be no problem getting a deck chair. Because of my itinerary Transatlantic and the time of year, there were no children on board. I don't think Oceania caters to children. I plan two future Oceania cruises which is the true test of satisfaction.

If food is your thing, try Oceania

Marina Cruise Review by Mahogany

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite
Mahogany’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH2
The Penthouses on Marina and Riviera are larger than on the smaller ships. Very spacious: walk-in closet, Bulgaria bath amenities, separate shower (though small), table to eat at, comfortable bed. They were sold out on one of my future cruises, so very popular. Oceania should convert some of the balcony cabins to Penthouses
Deck 11 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins