3. Grand Princess
I chose this cruise because it left out of San Francisco and it was 15 days. The cruise was nice. The ports were good. The food was okay. The room was very comfortable. The entertainment in the Princess was exceptional. I enjoyed every day of my cruise, even the bad weather days. However, I have never been on a cruise that didn't have some entertainment for sail away, especially on the first sail away from San Francisco. Every time we sailed out of ports, the sail away party was announced and the big outdoor movie screen boasted "Sail Away Party", but I could never find the party. No orchestra, no music, nothing! After five such "sail away parties", I noticed that there was very little entertainment in the pool area. Actually, I think the band played up there twice in fifteen days. We did view a few good movies on the giant screen during the day and then Princess stopped the movies and gave us travel logs instead. I enjoyed the photos of incredible places, but watching Princess travel through the Panama Canal for an hour was a bit much. I've been there already and have enough boring photos at home. And so I continued to notice that the entertainment crew didn't really due much the liven up the atmosphere. I mentioned this to another passenger and they responded with, "The people on the ship are quite old." This was true, as it often is, when taking a long cruise in the off season, but as far as I could tell everyone was still alive. And while I'm complaining, I must mention that the ship was quite leaky, and there was a mildew smell in some areas, thankfully, not in my room. The Grand Princess had several leak problem when I was on it last in 2013. I really expected the leak problem to have been solved in four years. I would still cruise again with Princess, even on the Grand. Princess overall does an exceptional job of taking care of their passengers. I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Enjoyed this cruise!

I think Princess thought the passengers were not only seniors but dead seniors.

Grand Princess Cruise Review by tshved

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

tshved’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV e630
Cabin was nice. Beds and pillows were wonderful. The obstruction wasn't bad, we had plenty of light and an ocean view.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins