3. National Geographic Explorer
We took this cruise because we heard how beautiful Chilean Patagonia is. This is a land and sea expedition, We had previously taken a Lindblad expedition and was happy with it, so we were sure this one would also be topnotch. My husband and I were really disappointed as were other guests. They accommodated my diet for BLD but not snacks or special functions. Torres del Paine National Park was beautiful & we got to hike every day there. There was communication between Lindblad staff and staff at the hotel regarding my diet. Needless to say it was very frustrating and time consuming to get some food I could eat. .I am a vegan so for the long 11 mile hike all I had to eat was 5 of my bars. The kitchen fixed 2 to go lunches for me, 1 was fish and the other beef. I told them I do not eat either and was told that will have to do!!!! While at the Santiago Grand Hyatt I tried to tell a Lindblad personnel what I would need for the box lunch on the long bus trip. I was cut short and was told that they already knew. Well in the box lunch the only item I could eat was a pear. A plus on this ship was that you could go to the bridge. Us and other persons thought the price for this expedition was expensive for what you received. We spent to many days on board due to weather, entry into Chile or Argentina, changing of pilots etc.I know Lindblad does not have control of this but the price should reflect this. Being and expedition there is not a lot to do on ship. There were many of us who need to do more so we were having a hard time not being able to do much. It also takes a day & a half to get to Torres Del Paine Park. A long day bus ride, then you spend the night at the Remota Hotel, then take the bus to the park. Lots of time driving and on the ship. Some of us need more expedition!! I would not recommend this trip.

Not The Best Trip

National Geographic Explorer Cruise Review by cruise cool

They accommodated my diet for BLD but not snacks or special functions.

A plus on this ship was that you could go to the bridge.

Lots of time driving and on the ship. Some of us need more expedition!!

I would not recommend this trip.
cruise cool’s Full Rating Summary
Get Lindblad Expeditions National Geographic Explorer price drops

Our room was over the engine and was very loud so not much sleep!! I noticed another couple complained about their room and were moved to another one. I asked about a move but was told they were full.