3. Crown Princess
Had heard good reviews about princess cruises. We were booked on Club Class with everything that came with it, which I might add we did not receive, starting at the terminal at Southampton. Priority embarkation - we were one of that last groups to embark. Priority disembarkation - We left the ship two hours after we docked. Club Class dinning - we were told we had to have breakfast and lunch in the Horizon buffet and evening meal in Botticelli when infact Club Class had their own dinning room for all three meals whilst at sea. With lunch in Horizon only on port days. The staff in the Club Class dinning room we eventually got into after 3 days and complaining at Passenger services counter, who were most unhelpful and in some cases down right rude, were wonderful. They were friendly, helpful and in my case being gluten intolerant bent over backwards to ensure I had a varied variety of gluten free meals - nothing was too much trouble. Definitely the best place on ship. I would also say the guys in Crooners bar were also the same, helpful, friendly and funny. Our stateroom - D423 - was dirty, dried soap scum on shelves and a dirty bath, toenails on the carpet from previous passengers, which stayed there for the duration of our cruise, though I must admit the bathroom was finally satisfactorily cleaned. Yes we had the 1/2 bottles of wine left but no robes and when they did eventually appear, only one - I suppose we were meant to share !!!. Most of the ladies toilets on ship that you went into smelt of sewerage with a lot of the lids hanging on by one attachment. Our balcony was very rusty and once out on the balcony the sewerage smell seemed to be stronger. The theatre we could never get a seat in as most people couldn't unless we missed evening meals to guarantee a seat. Most of the other entertainment was directed at the American market and whilst I appreciate the fact that this was an American ship, there were many other nationalities on board. Unfortunately we are back on the 27th May with a recently bereaved friend as we would not be travelling with Princess again and have actually cancelled a cruise on the Sapphire as a result of our experience.

Dirty ship