3. Carnival Paradise
Chose this cruise because a co-worker had taken it in February and it was an easy location for us to get to (Tampa from Cleveland) and the dates worked for my wife and I to get off work. Overall it was a good experience for our first cruise. The ship, while a little dated, was very clean. Our cabin (U-228) had a rear facing window and was very well kept, clean and in good shape. Our steward (Andre) was on top of things and kept the room in tip-top shape at all times. Being in the rear there was a gentle hum of engine/prop noise but it was actually relaxing. Bed was very comfortable. Food/dining was excellent. We chose the 8:15 dining time in the Destiny lounge. They had some food that was extra but we never chose it because we always found something new and interesting on the menu. Only complaint was that we were sat at a 10-seat table and 2 of the 3 nights we ate alone, on the other 2 nights one other couple showed up. The pool was very crowded in the center so we spent most time on the Serenity adult only deck or the upper aft pool area. Health club /spa was very nice. We got a couples massage on the first night and loved it. I used the treadmills most days and the showers, steam room and sauna in the men's locker room instead of showering in my cabin. For an excursion we chose the Cenote Hopping with Lunch in Cozumel. It was a great trip and Paco the guide was awesome. I would warn people about to take this trip though that it is a journey to get to with a 45 minute boat ride from Cozumel to the mainland then a 50 minute bus ride to the Cenotes and lunch is not served until the very end, so I'd bring a snack if I had it to do all over again. But the hiking was very easy along trails and swimming, zip lining and cliff jumping into the Cenotes was a great experience. The atmosphere was very relaxed. The one formal dining night was nice but not everyone dressed up. For entertainment we enjoyed the comedians and also caught a couple shows. The casino was nice albeit very smoky. Embarkation was very easy as was debarkation. Overall I'd rate it a 4/5 stars. We purchased the cruise kind of on a whim during Carnival's sale in February and I would definitely say it was worth what we paid.

Good experience for a first time cruise.

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by kkocan72

Embarkation was very easy as was debarkation.

kkocan72’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A U-228
Little dated colors but in very good shape and very clean. Bathroom was very clean with a nice shower and great water pressure. AC worked fine and kept room cool on hot days. Bed was very comfortable.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins