Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review
1,922 Reviews

Norwegian Fjords........the view doesn't get much better!

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by susanjane55

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 2C

We chose this cruise for the destination and Celebrity Eclipse as I have travelled on her before and wanted my husband to see her......he was not disappointed!!

Cruise director John Grantham would get my award for for best staff member. What an entertaining man he is. Never to busy to chat and make you feel like everything was being done just for you.

Celebritys own shore excursions are very expensive and while my husband and I choose to do one each with them the rest we did alone.

With Celebrity I did the RIB in Geiranger. Alot of fun, really enjoyed that. Most exhilarating !!

The husband choose to ride a bike down a mountain, like you do!! He said it was the best experience tho there were some issues with his bike brakes, which is a bit worrying to say the least.

In Flam we took a train ride which we organised ourselves, saving a lot on Celebritys price. Did the same in Bergen on the Funicular railway.

After a lot of umming and ahhing we decided against a drinks package. We still had everything we wanted and as much as we wanted. This involved a lot of cocktails, beer and wine! Only thing that got me down a bit was, even up until the last sea day, we were asked every time we ordered why didn't we get a package. I appreciate that the staff are probably told to upsell but, seriously, surely after the first 48 hours they could stop with this. Did feel a little like a third class passenger at times, with this attitude.

Only attended the theatre 3 times, but made very good choices there. The Flyrights, Paul Eastwood and the last night.......all excellent. A little disappointed with some of the other musicians/singers around the ship tho.

Enjoyed some of the other entertainments like the quizzes and information lectures etc.

susanjane55's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 2C
Cabin 2C 6177

Cabin was a decent size with lots of storage. Despite having been given a cabin with a 'partially obstructed' view it did nothing to spoil any views. Everything was clean and stayed that way. Our steward was very attentive.

Bergen

Funicular railway is a must do, tho you can walk up........we chose to ride up and walk down. Did not book this through the cruise line.

Flam

We took a train ride to Mordal. Just there and back, didn't leave train. Stunning scenery. Again, we didn't book with cruise line but went our own way and saved about 50% of the cruise lines price.

Geiranger

I did RIB and the husband, the biking. Both extremely good fun. There was an issue with the bike brakes, which I'm glad I didn't know about until he was safely back!

susanjane55