3. Oasis of the Seas
The Oasis really is unlike any other cruise ship I've experienced. It is massive! In some ways that is a strength and in other ways I think it is a weakness. A ship this size offers you options just not available on so many other ships, but it also loses (for me at least) some of the charm of cruising. There is so much to do on the Oasis. You can surf, climb rock walls (nearly 80' high), zip line, ice skate, ride a carousel, mini golf, as well the normal things with swimming, shuffle board, jogging, gambling, dancing, etc. It's impressive all of the options available. We are not pool people, so I can't comment much on the pool situation. The entertainment is also so diverse. From the Broadway show "Cats", the arial acrobatic, the high diving/gymnastics water theatre or ice skating, the musicians, comedians, Dreamworks characters, 3D Movies, game shows, etc it's hard to get board. The entertainment team must be huge! Overall, we were impressed with the talents of so many. The Royal Promenade (aka shopping mall) opens up the entertainment options as well with the parades and other events. The food was typical with what we have come to expect on cruises. It goes from good to great. We don't go to the premium restaurants, but we do try to check out all of the other venues. Again, lots of options available from pizzas, hot dogs to paninis and more. Our biggest complaint is the Windjammer Buffet is "jammed" with people. The don't always have both sides open which make the problem even more noticeable. The main dining room was mixed since we got moved a couple of times, but our server the last few nights was outstanding. The food was consistently good. We had a balcony on deck 7. The room was nice, but the bed was painfully hard. Our stateroom attendant was outstanding. The water pressure in the shower was amazing! I wish they would offer more stations on the TV. I know, I'm on a cruise ship, but I love to sit and watch movies looking out at the ocean as we cruise. Our location was very convenient to much of the activities. I really enjoyed both Central Park and Boardwalk. They were nice places to just walk around outside. They had musicians in Central park and night and who doesn't like riding a carousel at night? At the start of this review, I mentioned that I felt this ship lost some of the charm of cruising. What I missed was a bit more overlap with other guests and crew. We rarely saw guests more than once. I guess that can be a good and bad, right? But we did miss it. Will we go back on Oasis (or similar ships)? I'm not sure. I don't think they will be our first option. Personally, I enjoy ships that are in the 3,000 passenger range, such as the NCL jewel class ships. We've not done the Freedom class ship yet, so I think that might be our next on our list RCCL cruises.

Now for something completely different

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Crusinwithfamily

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Crusinwithfamily’s Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D8 7288
Overall a nice, quite cabin. The bed was painfully hard. The location was convenient to most of the activities.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins