MSC Splendida Cruise Review

MSC Splendida Cruise Review by the world is my lobster

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

We sailed on the Splendida last September and loved everything which is why we booked again. Everything was pretty much the same except for the food. On our last cruise there were 7 courses each night and generous portions as well as delicious choices. This time it was only 3 courses and they were small. There was one gala night but still only 3 courses so not sure what made it a gala night. We requested the same cabin that we had on our last cruise and were lucky that it was available. The entertainment was not as good as last year either.Im not sure if there had been a change in the entertainment team but maybe its fairer to say that it wasn't to our taste. The ship is beautiful and the staff work very hard but for me the food is important and I may not book again if it doesn't improve. Seven courses meals are still being advertised on TV cruise programmes too.

One of the best innovations introduced since our last cruise was the buzzer on the buffet tables to notify the bar staff that you required a drink. Last year it was a case of trying to catch the waiters eye.

the world is my lobster's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3 11246

We love this cabin (not sure of the B rating to be honest). Its very quiet and away from all the crowds.

the world is my lobster