3. Norwegian Jewel
Needed a short refresher cruise from a home port. We have sailed on several NCL ships including the Sky, Sun, Gem, Jade, Epic, Star, POA, and this last cruise on the Jewel. NCL has been consistent in their delivery of a nice lower cost product with a casual atmosphere, a little too casual in some venues....We have also sailed Princess, Disney and will be trying Celebrity in September 2017. The entertainment was adequate. The comedians Sam Fedele and Bob Brizendine, were FANTASTIC! Could have watched these Comedians all cruise. Luminescence was very good. The NCL group Souled Out was Fantastic! The Alambres trio were very good. The production show Band on the Run was TERRIBLE, Hokey and the Choreography of these talented kids was insulting to their talents. Le Cirque Bijou wasn't much better and we left after the Hokiness of Band on the Run. The food was typical, very good and ate too much of it. I do wish they did have a basic dress code, the tight tank tops on Men that looked dirty (also go by another name) should not be allowed in main dining rooms, very tacky. The service was pretty good in most venues with a few hiccups at O'Sheehans. The bar service was good, bought drinks individually and thought the $$ was fair. The food and dining experience was MUCH better in the Pay for Play venues. I liked Teppanyaki and Cagney's the best. Overall we had a great time, I make my own fun so really didn't have a big agenda. I wouldn't chose this ship until after a major refurbishment, I would chose another NCL ship.

Good crew, tired cabins in need of refurbishment.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by gwsster

gwsster’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 10160 & 62
The cabin itself had a nice layout, great storage for luggage and personal items. The bed was nice, good size for a couple. The television although not watched very much had poor reception, very grainy. They need a larger variety of television of TV, movies and LESS of the ships promotions. The carpeting in the room is very faded and worn. The cleaning is adequate. I will say this ships cabin is the worst of the NCL cabins I have been on. The balcony flooring was in poor shape in this cabin 10160 and 10162. The cork was gone and your shoes stuck to the flooring from the exposed glue on the majority of the deck. The cork was stuck on the bottom of the deck chairs. The Hotel director was notified and I don't think this cabin will last until October 2018 when the Refurbishment is scheduled.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins