3. Carnival Paradise
First, let me state, that I traveled solo on this five day cruise which was based upon the the "casino rate", excluding airfare cost $541 for an interior cabin, port charges and taxes, vacation protection, transfer to and from the port, and prepaid gratuities, but excluding airfare. However, it is expected that one spends some time in the casino s gaming, which I did. Getting there: It was a breeze from NC to Tampa a less then two hour flight, the Tampa International airport is well laid out and I was at the Carnival Cruise Line meeting place under an hour with my bags waiting for the bus. The bus arrived and we were at the Port of Tampa in under one hour. Embarkment: Again, going through security and then getting my sail and sign card, i was on the ship in less than one hours time. Paris Restuarant (the buffet on the Lido deck): Standard cruise line buffet, a cut above Golden Corral, but with delightful desserts. On the Lido deck near the pool the is the "On the Grill" whic basically served hot dogs and hamburgers, (dried out hamburgers and cheese burgers. Opposite "On the Grill" is the "Mongolian Won, you select what you want on your won and they cook it for you. Both of these food stations will disappear as the Paradise is going into dry dock for renovations, and it there place will be the "Guy Fieri's Burger Joint" and a Mexican food station NO DRAFT BEER in the "Pour your own" cabinet. There are two pour your own beer dispensing cabinets and for about thirty cents and ounce you can get about a 14 ounce cup of Bud Light or Thirsty Frog Red. Problem is the beer cabinets were always empty, So let's do the math, a 14 oz cup of beer about $4.20 + a 15% gratuity for under $5. They sell sixteen ounces of domestic beer for $6.75 + 15% gratuity or about $7.so, CCL made about two dollars MORE per beer - it is all about the bottom line! Pool: there is one pool so it is crowded on sea days but it is quite pleasant on port days, it is easy to find a deck lounge. Majestic Casino: this is an "L" shaped casino with recently upgraded slot machines, one craps table, on Poker Pro electronic poker table, two roulette tables, one Let it Ride table, one WPT Heads Up Hold'em table, two three card poker table, and several blackjack tables.The bar service is excellent, the dealers, pit supervisors are friendly and the casino host, Vicky is terrific. There were night drawings, based upon the guests "points" from the slots and table play. On a five day cruise if the guest gets 1000 points on the slots, you receive an "on us" drink card for free adult beverage while gaming in the casino. Main Dining Room: The service from Fritz, Agus and Puji were EXCELLENT, however as I dined at the second seating 8:15pm, most of the entries were dried out probably from being on the heat table or heat lamp. The food on Royal Caribbean is superior to Carnival dining offering Entertainment: Average, mostly production shows on a five day cruise with good comedians. The lounge shows are varied and musicians and vocalists are good. Shore Excursions: I did not do any excursions, so I cannot comment. Cabin: Standard interior cabin, my cabin steward Suhardi was excellent, they will ask you if you want a morning or evening bed turn down, I usually have just and evening turn down and my request for a fresh bucket of ice everyday was promptly done. Disembarkment: Getting off the ship took less than one hour, from the time, I left my cabin, picked up my luggage and got on the bus. OVERALL: This was an average cruise, the MDR quality of the food, was below par, entertainment was good, good standard interior cabin.

Draft Beer Pour your own, beer cabinet!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by wisnir

Shore Excursions: I did not do any excursions, so I cannot comment.

wisnir’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D E243
Standard interior cabin AFT, it had a king bed (two twins pushed together) two pull down berths, a chair, a stool, desk, six drawers and two closets, with a safe. The bathroom is definitely larger than Royal Caribbean bathroom, it has a 3' x 5' shower stall, toilet, basin and a medicine cabinet. Easily large enough for two people a tight squeeze for three or four.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins