3. Carnival Magic
This cruise was taken based upon a group vote of various cruise lines and itineraries. We had a group of 46 on board, embarkation was fairly quick and smooth. Staff was friendly and helpful. We had an interior cabin on deck just below pool deck, do not recommend that again as when they would move chairs around at night you could hear it in the room. Cabin was a decent size for an interior, about a foot of room on either side of bed to walk around. The shows in theater were good, mostly musicals of some sort. Comedy was ok, but not that funny. There didn't seem to be as many activities on Lido deck as I thought there would be, but the overall amount of things to do seemed to be good. Service was excellent, I was really surprised the staff wasn't as pushy with selling drinks as they had been in the past. Really liked that. Loved DR.E as cruise director, he was awesome other than one disappointment. One thing our group as a whole was upset about was the Cruise Critic Meet N Mingle party we sort of didn't have. Our group attended, but didn't see any of the others that had enrolled there. There were two ladies from housekeeping, and no one else at first. One officer showed after a bit, and another gentleman, they left to go find Dr. E as he was the one that was supposed to "head up" the meeting from what we were told. He never showed, nor did anyone ever come back to let us know what was going on. I called down from the meeting room before we all left to Guest Services, and they said they would see if they could find him but nothing was done. Later that day I went down to Guest Services, and they brushed it off saying that our party was only from 5:30 to 6 pm. I explained that yes, we knew that but that someone was supposed to be there and no one was. They just said they were sorry and that there was nothing they could do. We were NOT happy campers/cruisers at this point feeling let down as we have been to other Cruise Critic parties and enjoyed them. I think the best thing about this cruise for one, was the Guy's Burger Joint. My husband ate there every day. We did finally get to try the Barbecue place of his, and surprisingly weren't too thrilled with it. For one, it's not open every day, and only for a very short period of time. The food there was just ok, nothing to write home about like we were expecting. The pool on the Lido deck was quite small, but the hot tubs on the sides were very nice sized. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, just not our most enjoyable one on Carnival.

Good- But Average

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Lizard~N~Grits