3. Oasis of the Seas
Because it's the largest in the world (or was when we sailed), we chose it for the experience itself. It did not disappoint in terms of what the ship itself offered. Central Park was nice for its quiet atmosphere, the Promenade was bustling, and the Boardwalk had some nice entertainment, though wasn't as busy as we were expecting. The food was very good. We aren't big fans of specialty restaurants as they aren't that much better than the traditional dining rooms yet have a surcharge, though we did do the steakhouse. It was excellent. Meals in the dining room are always good, with good steaks and shrimp cocktails. The Aqua show is a must-see. I love anything water-related as it is, but with the high-rise acrobatics, it's an incredible show. The shore excursions were a mixed bag. You get what you get with a Caribbean cruise. This is my third visit to the Caribbean islands, and I don't care much for the islanders. Some readers would surely be offended and consider this an 'awful' thing to say, but it is what it is. Islanders, particularly in St. Thomas for this cruise, were rude, loud, obnoxious, and (not surprisingly) very pushy when it comes to wanting your money. A few of you would simply say 'that's how they make their living.' Personally, I am there to enjoy myself, not make sure they make a living. I'm a cruiser, not a missionary. I bring it up only because I had a confrontation with a few of the St. Thomas islanders who stood there counting the money they took from me and didn't appreciate my questioning them about anything. It truly does make you not want to visit the places. St. Maarten was a much nicer experience. I don't know if it's because it's Dutch territory (and French, but we only visited the Dutch side) as opposed to the run-down, ghetto American St. Thomas, so had a higher class of people and culture, but St. Maarten runs circles around St. Thomas for a beautiful experience. As for the Bahamas, it's the Bahamas. Go for Atlantis or jet-skiing or parasailing. Nassau itself is disgusting, as are most of the people. Overall, the Oasis is a great ship, Royal Caribbean a pleasurable cruise line. The Caribbean itself is really designed for people who want to lie on a beach or do water-related activities. If you're one of the people who actually thinks it offers culture, you need more experience with culture! Just keep in mind they are a different class of people and try not to let it detract from your experience in a beautiful setting.

Beautiful boat and an incredible on-board experience

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by TheSilverShields

TheSilverShields’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

• Atlantis Resort
    An amazing experience! Some complain it's too expensive, but the money is worth the entertainment value and luxury feel of this resort. Atlantis is a beautiful resort, casino, aquarium, and water park. If you don't enjoy water slides or swimming, it may not be worth it, but if you enjoy the luxury feel, it's a definite must do!
    View All 679 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    A much better island than St. Thomas. As I noted in my cruise review, it may be because it's a Dutch colony as opposed to the more typical Caribbean island. You can definitely see the wealth here. Nassau is third-world, St. Thomas is ghetto, but St. Maarten is beautiful. We didn't elect for an excursion as we just wanted to visit the island and town, and we enjoyed it. The beach here, while probably equally as crowded as Magen's Bay in St. Thomas, had a much different feel. It was more relaxing, fun, and just overall, happy. There was no surcharge to visit the beach, no islanders harassing you, and just a better culture. We would definitely return here; next time, we would choose an excursion.
    View All 4,753 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews