3. Norwegian Jade
While everything on our trip was just fine there wasn't anything that made us feel special or say, "wow." All areas of the ship were clean and the staff was polite and smiley. My 9 year old enjoyed the kids program and I liked how they had the kids put on a little circus show. She also made good use of the library and read through several of their books. We would have liked longer check out hours because she had to wait until evening several times to swap out her book. Probably adults do not have this problem as they don't read through books in less than a day. The game room was popular and we made use of several of their games as well as playing some of our own. I didn't get to play shuffleboard because it was in use when I wanted to play or it was windy. My other family members played and enjoyed themselves. We only ate in the complimentary restaurants. While everything tasted fine nothing felt special or had the wow factor. Many dishes were what I would cook at home. It felt as though any special things were stretched a little too far. For example, Peaches with blueberries contained about 4 or 5 blueberries. The desserts were ho-hum. A peanut butter cup cheesecake was just regular cheesecake with a quarter of a peanut butter cup on top. I guess I see why the pay restaurants are so popular. Breakfast buffet was the same everyday other than varying the flavor of muffins/pancakes, etc. I did enjoy the presence of bangers (sausages), one of my favorites. We did eat at O'Sheehans quite a few times. We enjoyed the nachos and the wings were actually spicy. This was probably our favorite place to eat. I wish the smoking areas were more clearly labeled. This is because I would be walking around and end up unexpectedly in the middle of a cloud of smoke. The smoke leaking out of the casino up the stairs to the entrance of the theater was very annoying. The shows we went to were all fine. The strength of the acrobats was impressive and their show creative. The singers and dancers were enjoyable to watch. Not sure why the comedian repeated jokes from his first performance into his second performance, but we laughed a few times so no big deal. We did the Xplor park excursion. The leaders kept us moving and made sure we got to all the attractions. They guided us through the park and were excellent. We managed to get through everything just in time. Zip-lining was by far the best. I ended up not getting caught at the end of one of the lines so zipped backward a bit. The worker calmly and efficiently rescued me and I was relaxed and safe at all times. The other ship excursion we did was the dolphin encounter. My kids had been waiting to "swim" with a dolphin for well over a year. My daughter was so excited she was dancing all around and giggling. Although we didn't actually swim with the dolphins my daughters were delighted. We got to pet, get kisses, and watch Ellie perform for our group of 8. This was a great experience. You could take your own pictures if you liked and they had a photographer taking pictures as well. We enjoyed our UBP trying all sorts of new things. One bartender went to another bar when we ordered frozen drinks that he didn't have a blender for. He also said he would make any of the drinks not covered in the UBP with cheaper ingredients if we wanted to have those too. He was great! We did a painting class. This filled up very fast. We ended up doing it on Friday because Monday filled up so fast. We signed up on Monday. So sign up early if that is something you want to do. Overall we enjoyed ourselves and didn't have any problems of any sort. We hoped the food would be better and would have liked having the same server in the dining room. Our room was not designed well for 4 people. 3 would have been fine.

Average experience

Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 4524
We traveled with 4 in this cabin. I would not recommend it. 3 people would be fine but it was not fun with 4. There is one fold down bed for the third passenger. There is a 4th bed that pulls out from under one of the others and fits between the two beds. This makes for 3 beds in a row with no space in between, so basically like one giant bed across the width of the cabin. There was no place to sit other than on the beds. There was adequate storage space for our family's belongings.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins