Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by ZanyZAdventurer

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2C

My sister and I needed to get away and rejuvenate after our dad died. This cruise, beginning with many relaxing days at sea, was perfect. The Reflection is a gorgeous ship with wonderful art, cozy nooks, delicious food--and the Cruise Director, Richard, was fantastic.

On the crossing, we took advantage of the full-sized gym and excellent spa, danced a lot, took in the shows, and met fun people. My sister really got into a watercolor class, tapping into her creativity in a long forgotten way. By the time we hit shore, we were ready for adventure and signed up for lots of the excursions. Wonderful.

My favorite was a full day with a celebrity chef. Loved learning how to make paella, hanging out with a small group, going to a local marketplace, and enjoying dinner together that evening.

I simply loved this trip. It provided a healing getaway that my sister and I will not forget.

ZanyZAdventurer's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2C

I don't remember our room number. The view was supposedly party obstructed, but we didn't notice. Loved it.

Tenerife

My sister took this tour, and she loved it. Really got to see the island. I walked around town, and enjoyed the marketplace and sipping a cappuccino on the terrace of the Opera House overlooking the spectacular coastline.

Malaga

If you've never been, you need to go. Very interesting palace with a lot of history. A four star rating, because I could have skipped the mediocre lunch.

Cartagena (Spain)

This is where I had an amazing day with the Celebrity Chef. Small group of people exploring the local marketplace, learning to make fantastic paella--and then enjoying it, later a fine dinner onboard. Seems pricey, but soooo worth the experience. I hope to do one of these chef experiences every time I sail with Celebrity.

Barcelona

Don't miss the Picasso museum, if you like art. A wonderful collection with lots of early works. My sister felt it was too rushed. We booked the tour, because it can be crowded.

Villefranche

We stopped in Eze on our way to Monte Carlo, a gorgeous medieval town--and a highlight of the trip. Went on to Montecarlo where we got to spend time in the famous casino and enjoy a very nice lunch. Then Monaco. This was a great trip. Well worth the money.

Florence (Livorno)

Having been to Florence, I opted for Cinque Terre while my sister did a tour of the city. My tour included a fairly long bus ride, a boat to visit the towns, and a train back to the bus. Very well orchestrated. The towns were packed, but I escaped up a hill to a hotel overlooking the sea and enjoyed an elegant and delicious lunch at a lovely hotel. I'm glad I had this experience.

ZanyZAdventurer