3. Allure of the Seas
It's was our first time sailing with Royal Caribbean. We've sailed with NCL 3x, and 1 with Carnival. Firstly, this was the most beautiful cruise ship that I've seen compared to our previous ones. Embarkation was amazingly fast and smooth (literally, less than 30mins). We were on the ship by 11am! Room: we got the extra large balcony 11th floor. Michelle was our housekeeper. She was nice and worked really hard. However, the first impression of the room, I was repulsed by the strong urine odor in the bathroom. The closest had many hand prints and streaks on it. Michelle, told me that there were previously teenage boys in our cabin therefore it might be the reason to the smell. I carried disinfectant wipes and wiped down everything once more, but the bathroom (urine smell) near the toilet bothered me many days. Michelle, helped pour bleach in the bowl but after awhile the smell returned. Restaurants: 150 had the best foods I've ever had in my life! The sea bass was so so amazing! We dined also at Chops Grill (it's decent 7/10). But the service and food at 150 definitely left an everlasting impression. My favorite was the 6 types of salt to sprinkle on the bread and butter. Our server Shalone was so kind, he made the Tuna Tare Tare at our table side. During he would share with us about his family, and ask us about ours as well. He just had a genuine charm to him. It was so nice that our last night we returned to 150 again. This time we had Milos. Milos was also very nice and accommodating. For example, I saw a table across with a plate of blueberries/strawberries. It was not on the menu but he made sure to get a plate for me as well. Gym/Fitness: Very spacious and state of the art machines. Of course majority of the patrons were very attractive cruise performers. I was told they are required to work out minimum 5x/week on their contract. Anyhow, the fitness fell short of my satisfaction. I take classes for the past 11 years (boot camp, step, body pump, insanity etc). They offered body sculpt for $35/class (approx 45 mins). NCL offers classes similar to body sculpt for free. But I was willing to pay. I signed up for 2 classes. The first one was taught by Fabio and it met the standard for this type of class. The 2nd time it was taught by Harold (one of the head fitness person at the gym) the format was purely cardio no weights (I prefer interchanging cardio/weights). It was similar to insanity, however the instructor did not offer any modifications. There was 3 of us, and one participant was struggling a lot throughout the class. I was disappointed that the instructor did not offer modifications for the participants. After the class, we signed the receipt and I was just not happy with the format by the instructor. I did not add a gratuity to the instructor's hand written the line with the word "tip" next to it. His face and entire attitude completely change. He went from friendly to ignoring me and no more smiles. I don't like complaining but it bothered me so much I approached customer service. I felt the instructor should have offered modification for the participants. Considering the huge age gap and fitness level. Mariam at customer serviced helped me and returned with a verdict. They do not offer refunds because for the reason that the class was too challenging. And the only compensation would be to join a stretching event (free to all cruisers) later. I was mildly insulted. They were under the impression that I went to a hard class and complained it was too hard. But what I was trying to state is that a good fitness instructor will want the participant to be safe and gain the most out of the workout by making modifications. Anyhow, I was disappointed but nothing else can be done. Kids Club: Amazing! My 4 year old son loved the activities. I was surprised how the club was able to accommodate for 1500 children on our cruise ship. There was the science lab also and art studio. My 1 year old toddler went to the baby cruisers ($6-$8/hour). The sitters did a terrific job with her as well. Overall, I loved it minus the gym class experience.

Beautiful Ship but service could be a hit or miss

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Dragonmom408

Overall, I loved it minus the gym class experience.
Dragonmom408’s Full Rating Summary