Great trip! Beautiful ports and wonderful water experience. Mathew in the Culinary Center was a treasure! Best I have seen in several cruises. Location guide in the beginning was Kenoah, a native of Hawaii who shared more information than one could imagine from history to personal tales! Unfortunately he left the ship mid cruise and was replaced by someone who had information but no personality. A great loss! This ship is in need of some TLC. We had no problems with our cabin, but many others did. Plumbing issues and A/C issues were frequent topics of conversation. HAL has apparently decided that a librarian is no longer needed. I hear rumors that they are planning to remove the libraries all together. I hope I am wrong! Shore excursions in Polynesia were great! We did a couple boat trips with snorkeling and beach time. I was surprised that the snorkeling was in shallow water which was a real treat since I am a non-swimmer. I wish they had advertised the shallow water part, I am sure more would have signed up.

Loved Polynesia!

Maasdam Cruise Review by rosesch

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Great trip! Beautiful ports and wonderful water experience.

rosesch’s Full Rating Summary