• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ledris2
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2017
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

We had an inside room. #4459. We knew it would be small BUT the shower was the smallest I have ever had in all my years of sailing with RCL. It was smaller than The Majesty and the Empress!!! Then the bed did not have twin mattresses when pulled apart BUT bunk size twin mattress that sagged on the right and my husbands on the left. In other words if they had been together the mattress would have sagged in the middle. There was no refrigerator. So we asked our great room steward Elisabeth to pls. get us one and she did. No shelves in the closet. For a 16 day cruise very little room to put anything..

The worse part was that above us on Deck 5 was the casino bar and the back office of Guest Services. EVERY SINGLE night the noise from about would start around 10PM and last until 2-3AM!!! There was an elephant walking (swear)people dropping boxes, chairs grating across the floor. They said it was the casino bar but not totally. The back office also. It took me 3x to convince Guest Services to try and calm down the noise. After the 3 complaint of me going up to the desk in my PJ's at 1AM saying "you need to do something NOW!" did anything happen. Then security came and knocked on our door at 1:30AM. I said the noise was not from passengers but from the crew!. Anyway it lessened somewhat but not enough that I could sleep. There was only 1 empty Emergency Room on deck 2. But there was only 3 nights left of the cruise so why bother to move.

The entertainment was good. Brook Ahern my favorite did 2 performances. I like the way if the entertainment the night before was good, they performed the next night in the centrum so they had 2 shows going almost each night. During the day there was many exercise and dance lessons going on and very well attended. The Centrum was the center for all activities which I though were very good.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin M

Terrible don't book it. So much noise from the back office of guest services and the casino bar you won't sleep. Shower toooo small and no refrig. Be sure to ask for one. Very small bunk size twin mattresses that sagged on the left and right (in the middle if together)

5 Helpful Votes