• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Adventure of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
21 Awards

Many choices of relaxation or activities!

Review for Adventure of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean
jdtswimmer
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Traveled with children

We wanted to sail the Caribbean and found we could book a reasonable flight on Southwest to Puerto Rico for a few days and then cruise St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba - all 'new' places to visit for our family (me, my husband, my 14 year old). Ship was clean, staff was friendly, Balcony Suite was wonderful - I love using the balcony to read and get away from the tv, while my husband and daughter can enjoy a tv movie. Food is excellent. LOVED the dinner murder mystery in Giovani's Table Restaurant. Song and Dance show was fun and not too crowded, so easy to get a seat. Loved the Zumba on deck/poolside and my husband and daughter liked the court time when they switched to volleyball. Excursions went smoothly too - lots of history lessons and information about the islands. Shopping is always fun too. Wish they had more court time/space. My husband and daughter used it for volleyball, but the net was only set up for an hour, 3-4 times during the week.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E1

(I'm not sure what our room was called.) We had a Balcony room with 2 twin (1 king) beds and a couch/bed - a bit different from the standard roll-out-bed-couch, so more comfortable. Room slept 4 but we only had 3 and were glad we didn't have a 4th person. Bathroom was big enough and a full side of cabinets and desk top for your travel items. Balcony had a table and 2 reclining chairs, very nice for reading or napping!

Port Reviews

San Juan

We spent a few days at Hilton Caribe and walked/cab-ride around old San Juan Forts. So much history and parks to explore!

Curacao

It was an OK bus tour and OK Mamba beach. Tour ONLY stopped at Curacao Liquor and wasn't that fun for the non-drinkers. Beach had a break-wall; so it was like swimming in a salt water pool - no exciting waves. Tour on bus/history was good. Curacao - with it's oil refineries, has a ugly feel to it, despite the fun colored homes.

1 Helpful Vote