3. Adventure of the Seas
We wanted to sail the Caribbean and found we could book a reasonable flight on Southwest to Puerto Rico for a few days and then cruise St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba - all 'new' places to visit for our family (me, my husband, my 14 year old). Ship was clean, staff was friendly, Balcony Suite was wonderful - I love using the balcony to read and get away from the tv, while my husband and daughter can enjoy a tv movie. Food is excellent. LOVED the dinner murder mystery in Giovani's Table Restaurant. Song and Dance show was fun and not too crowded, so easy to get a seat. Loved the Zumba on deck/poolside and my husband and daughter liked the court time when they switched to volleyball. Excursions went smoothly too - lots of history lessons and information about the islands. Shopping is always fun too. Wish they had more court time/space. My husband and daughter used it for volleyball, but the net was only set up for an hour, 3-4 times during the week.

Many choices of relaxation or activities!

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by jdtswimmer

jdtswimmer’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

(I'm not sure what our room was called.) We had a Balcony room with 2 twin (1 king) beds and a couch/bed - a bit different from the standard roll-out-bed-couch, so more comfortable. Room slept 4 but we only had 3 and were glad we didn't have a 4th person. Bathroom was big enough and a full side of cabinets and desk top for your travel items. Balcony had a table and 2 reclining chairs, very nice for reading or napping!
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Island Tour
    Great bus tour with talk of island. 4 stops too! I short hiking area of the 2nd tallest island rock, Natural Bridges, Lighthouse (if you want to tour it - that's a separate excursion) and a less populated beach of beautiful white sand and blue water (not clear - but cloudy-white-sand-water). and many free hut-umbrellas for shade.
    View All 217 Island Tour Reviews
  • Curacao
    It was an OK bus tour and OK Mamba beach. Tour ONLY stopped at Curacao Liquor and wasn't that fun for the non-drinkers. Beach had a break-wall; so it was like swimming in a salt water pool - no exciting waves. Tour on bus/history was good. Curacao - with it's oil refineries, has a ugly feel to it, despite the fun colored homes.
    View All 1,247 Curacao Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Curacao Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    We spent a few days at Hilton Caribe and walked/cab-ride around old San Juan Forts. So much history and parks to explore!
    View All 3,793 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Zip-lining
    Only 4 zip lines with 20 people in a group waiting their turn. So zip line part was just OK. Would have preferred less people and a chance to do the zip line twice. Bus ride with tour of St. Kitts was good.
    View All 60 Zip-lining Reviews
  • Catamaran Tour
    LOVED Catamaran 'Stars and Stripes' tour. Fun to snorkel and see seaturtles and a ship wreck and even sitting on a sailboat in the rain on the way back. Rum punch on the way back was delicious too (fruit punch for the non-drinkers).
    View All 157 Catamaran Tour Reviews