3. Pacific Princess
Great cruise around the world. Chose this particular cruise because of the itenarary, size of the ship and the fact that I could leave from Ft Lauderdale and disembark in Ft Lauderdale since I live in Florida. First the good things on this cruise-the friendly helpful staff onboard the ship. Really made the cruise special from room stewards, staff at front desk, excursions area, bartenders, staff in dining rooms, buffet, casino, shops and cruise directors staff, one of the best managed ships that I have been on. The entertainment that I attended was well done and enjoyable. Enrichment lectures were good through out the cruise especially the ones on segment 2 and 3 of the cruise(LA to Sydney and Sydney to Hong Kong). Additionally the destination expert Deb was fantastic. Really knew her destinations and provided good insight into what there was to see and do at each destination. Also Sammi, cruise director from Dubai to Fort Lauderdale brought energy and fun to her area. Especially enjoyed the sessions she held with the captain, the singers/dancers and the hotel management staff where you got to hear from each of them about themselves, their jobs onboard, etc. great insight into the behind the scenes of a cruise ship! Finally the destinations visited were great and the shore excursions that I did at each port were well managed and provided a great experience at a reasonable price. Also embarkation and disembarkation was the best I have experienced on 30 plus cruises. The not so good-ship staterooms are in need of a good cleaning/sprucing up. My stateroom the drapes were badly stained, linens were dingy and stained, cloth on bedboard was peeling and ripped. The room just felt tired and kind of ratty. Bed was hard as a rock, but in fairness the ship is heading to dry dock shortly so I'm sure a lot of these items will be taken care of. Lotus Spa issue-I spent over $5,000 over the course of the cruise in services and products. I have cruised a lot over the last 20 years and have always used the spa services onboard and this is the first time that I had a bad experience with Steiner/Lotus Spa. I have contacted them separately in regards to this issue of over $700 of services charged to my account that were never rendered. Was unable to get any assistance from the spa manager on this issue as she was not the manager at the time when these charges were billed. Comment was made by one of the front desk staff, I guess she must of just overcharged you...The person who billed the charges and the manager at the time had both left the ship by the time the over charges were discovered and the new manager just refused to check into the issue after being asked on two separate occasions to see what was going on. Poorest customer service I have ever experienced onboard a cruise ship. That being said I will never utilize their services or products again onboard any of the ships that they are on. In closing it really was a trip of a lifetime and I would recommend a cruise around the world to anyone who loves to travel!

Fantastic cruise around the world!

Pacific Princess Cruise Review by VATECHGRAD

VATECHGRAD’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pacific Princess price drops

Cabin is in need of a major overhaul. Stained drapes. Stained and dingy linens/duvet, Fabric on bedboard was peeling away. That being said the size was perfect, lots of storage space. To be fair the ship is heading to dry dock shortly so hopefully they will spruce up the cabins as they need it!
  Pacific Princess Deck Plans