Allure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,995 Reviews

NOT exceeded our expectation...............

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Marie S

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Large Balcony

We chose this cruise because of the timing and what we thought would be a great experience cruising such a large ship. My granddaughter is an ice skater and we thought she would enjoy the ice rink.

The experience was less than satisfying. The venues are packed with people. There were so many people in the promenade that someone rode their stroller over my granddaughter's foot.

The manager of the Ice skating rink was so rude...too long a story for this review.. we reported her to Customer Service, and we were assured that the Cruise Director would call us to rectify the problem, and we never received a call. As a result my granddaughter skated once for about 15 minutes during the whole cruise.

Our shore excursion in Cozumel was labeled Swim with the Dolphins and Beach Excursion.

It reminded me of HURRY up and WAIT... very disorganized. no one knew what or where we were supposed to go..( I speak Spanish so it wasn't a language problem). To top it all off we were never taken to a beach.

We asked for a limit to be imposed on my granddaughter's use of the Sea Pass for the Arcade. She's small and has no concept of the cost of the games. It took 7 visits to Customer Service to get it resolved. ( with a wait time for each visit of about 20 minutes.)

I am an avid cruiser. I used to own a Travel Agency and have been on approximately 40 Cruises with various Cruise Lines.

I WOULD NOT Cruise on the Allure again, unless I'm assured they have fixed their staffing issues.

Marie S's Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Large Balcony
Cabin D1 8602

The Balcony was great, but somehow during the Cruise the dividing door to the other balcony opened and it took a while for them to come and fix it. I didn't realize it until our 7 year old came in and said. "There's someone in bed in the next room" I was shocked and then saw the open door.

Labadee

Through no fault of Royal Caribbean, the water was so full of sand and mirky, that you could not even see your feet.

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

Very disorganized. The excursion also listed a beach break, and we were never taken to the beach.

View All 456 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews